I HATE IT WHEN THIS HAPPENS...

I HATE IT WHEN THIS HAPPENS...

March 26th, 2012, 2:15 am #1

About a week ago, was working on a model, an wouldn't ya know it, not paying attention and tipped over the bottle of Testors liquid cement on the work table. Not so bad, as it was about 3/4 empty anyway. Big mess on the table,was able to 'salvage' some of the glue. Opened a new bottle and started to use it. The new bottle wasn't a week old, AND DID IT AGIAN!!! Except this time, it was a nearly FULL BOTTLE, and it went EVERYWHERE!!! No way to try and 'salvage any of it! And the "aroma" in the room is starting to give me a headache. Time to open a window and air out the room! Now I'm down to one bottle of liquid cement!

March 26th, 2012, 2:21 am #2

It won't tip over no matter how clumsy you are.

March 26th, 2012, 2:22 am #3

About a week ago, was working on a model, an wouldn't ya know it, not paying attention and tipped over the bottle of Testors liquid cement on the work table. Not so bad, as it was about 3/4 empty anyway. Big mess on the table,was able to 'salvage' some of the glue. Opened a new bottle and started to use it. The new bottle wasn't a week old, AND DID IT AGIAN!!! Except this time, it was a nearly FULL BOTTLE, and it went EVERYWHERE!!! No way to try and 'salvage any of it! And the "aroma" in the room is starting to give me a headache. Time to open a window and air out the room! Now I'm down to one bottle of liquid cement!
At least one fuselage half. Totally melted it. Dropped a note to Tamiya USA asking if I could buy a replacement half. They sent me both free of charge. Gotta love that! I now put a foam doughnut around my glue bottles half way up so they can never fall more than 20 degrees or so. Saved me a few times already.

March 26th, 2012, 2:51 am #4

or a bud w/ a drill press, make a 'stand/base' for it, and others, using a block of wood, foam, whatever. I have a real cool one made from a chunk of alum, and a few others from wood, some scrap wood, some $$ pretty wood.

I have tho knocked over a Coke can or two over the yrs.

March 26th, 2012, 2:56 am #5

Just Kidding! lol

March 26th, 2012, 3:05 am #6

... is the cap to a rattle can. flip it over and set the glue in there. Good for paint and decal setting solution, too

March 26th, 2012, 4:27 am #7

After a similar "adventure" that ruined a kit, I took a large (empty;))margarine tub, cut it down till it was about 1.5 inch high, placed all of my various liquid cement bottles in it then filled the spaces with modelling clay...

Made a similar, but smaller setup for the decal setting solutions... all the liquids in an appropriate place, heavy enough to stay put, and haven't spilled one since

After decades of study, it has become obvious that Murphy was an optimist...

March 26th, 2012, 8:18 am #8

likelihood of that kind of stuff-up is directly proportional to the product of the cost of the kit and the %age of its completeness.
I feel your pain. George, out..............

March 26th, 2012, 1:00 pm #9

...with a bottle of ProWeld. After that I put it in a 2" thick foam block that's 3"x3" square. Just bored out a hole thru the center that's the same diameter of the ProWeld bottle. No more tip overs and spillage.

Spill on me once shame on you, spill on me twice, shame on me......

March 26th, 2012, 2:08 pm #10

keeps it from tipping. Or buy some Gunze Mr. Cement S or Tamiya Extra Thin, which are better glues, have better brushes, and come in squat hard(er) to tip jars