I Had A Dream....

I Had A Dream....

May 20th, 2012, 5:09 pm #1

I've never posted in the lounge before but here goes....
I think between getting my brain fried at work (looking at newspapers on microfilm for five hours straight), picante chicken ramen for dinner and possibly someone slipping me some illegal drugs that I have finally cracked.

I was dreaming that I was researching the F4F-4 Wildcat on Guadalcanal last night. (Now, it's not uncommon for me to have a dream about airplanes but research in my sleep? Give me a break!) Anyway, the mystery I was investigating was why the pitot tubes on these Wildcats were a dark color instead of silver. So I piled through books and articles on the Wildcat for weeks in my dream and finally I strike gold by finding a crew chief's diary from Guadalcanal. As it turns out; the hot, rainy weather on Guadalcanal was causing corrosion to the exposed bare metal on the pitot tube so they had to coat them for protection. What with you may ask?....strips of bacon....not cooked but raw strips of bacon so they would conform to the surface. It went into detail about how they wrapped the bacon so it wouldn't peel off in the slip stream as well.

I woke up about the the time I posted on Plane Talking about how to depict bacon wrapped pitots in 1/48th. What have I been smoking?

Any thoughts or should I just call 911?

-DCJ
Last edited by Thayerblue1 on May 20th, 2012, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 20th, 2012, 5:42 pm #2

It is not normal, repeat, not normal, to want to marry it (Jack in the Box ad). As long as you remember this you will be ok. BACON, yum yum.

A deal, deal! Maybe He's a Republican?
60 feet of bridge I can get almost anywhere. Schmuck!

May 20th, 2012, 5:48 pm #3

I ain't touched bacon since

May 20th, 2012, 7:08 pm #4

That remark made my day~ and yes... I do need a life, but it was still funny
Last edited by seafirexv on May 20th, 2012, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 20th, 2012, 9:34 pm #5

I think between getting my brain fried at work (looking at newspapers on microfilm for five hours straight), picante chicken ramen for dinner and possibly someone slipping me some illegal drugs that I have finally cracked.

I was dreaming that I was researching the F4F-4 Wildcat on Guadalcanal last night. (Now, it's not uncommon for me to have a dream about airplanes but research in my sleep? Give me a break!) Anyway, the mystery I was investigating was why the pitot tubes on these Wildcats were a dark color instead of silver. So I piled through books and articles on the Wildcat for weeks in my dream and finally I strike gold by finding a crew chief's diary from Guadalcanal. As it turns out; the hot, rainy weather on Guadalcanal was causing corrosion to the exposed bare metal on the pitot tube so they had to coat them for protection. What with you may ask?....strips of bacon....not cooked but raw strips of bacon so they would conform to the surface. It went into detail about how they wrapped the bacon so it wouldn't peel off in the slip stream as well.

I woke up about the the time I posted on Plane Talking about how to depict bacon wrapped pitots in 1/48th. What have I been smoking?

-DCJ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2clFqNNSVk

Brett

May 21st, 2012, 12:44 am #6

-DCJ
or the Looney Bin.. You've lost your mind. Either that or someone was frying bacon somewhere close when you were sleeping.. LOL

Cheers,
Dave

May 21st, 2012, 2:24 am #7

-DCJ
Easy one, Too many TV commercials watching war movies.

Use Bacon Bits on your next diorama for effect and you will be fine.

No charge for this life saving advice.

California Steve