I don't know how you guys watch sports.

I don't know how you guys watch sports.

August 4th, 2012, 11:06 pm #1

I am not a sports fan period. My philosophy has always been. I enjoy playing the sport not watching it! Anyway it is what it is.
At work they have ESPN on in the crapeteria all the time and my wife and Daughter have been watching the Olympics. The assinine, stupid, uninformed and sometimes glaringly obvious commentary by the announcers just makes me cringe. Do sports announcers think you sport fans are all that stupid? They just talk to fill dead air with anything that pops into their heads, don't they? I think they should get the SNL guys and let them do the announcing. Hopefully Stay Free will be a sponsor
Then it would be at least funny instead of painful to me....

Cheers,

Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"
Last edited by nametaken on August 4th, 2012, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 4th, 2012, 11:16 pm #2

"Stay Free Maxi Pads: When you have your monthly boo boo, put one of these on your hoo hoo.

Stay Free Maxi Pads: Its the downstairs patch for your baby hatch.

Stay Free Maxi Pads: I see london, I see China, I see one very happy vagina.

Stay Free Maxi Pads: When your uterine lining looks like the elevator from The Shining."

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

We will march on a road of bones. --Hunter S. Thompson.

Sat Cong!

August 4th, 2012, 11:55 pm #3

;lk

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!

August 5th, 2012, 12:18 am #4

"Stay Free Maxi Pads: When you have your monthly boo boo, put one of these on your hoo hoo.

Stay Free Maxi Pads: When your uterine lining looks like the elevator from The Shining."

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

Sat Cong!
So I got to wear a maxi-pad last month.

As the result of a failed PSA test, I was treated to a prostate biopsy (still don't know the results).

As I was getting ready to put my clothes back on, the pretty young nurse gave me lessons on how to wear a maxi-pad...a precaution against excess bleeding from your nether regions. Then she opens up a big cupboard full of maxi-pads and tells me I can take as many as I want.

And I'm thinking to myself, "Man this is SO not cool !!"

Of course, being Canadian, I'm also thinking, "Hell, my tax dollars paid for those maxi-pads"... so I picked up an armload and left the clinic.

August 5th, 2012, 1:50 am #5

Sat Cong!
Cheers,

Max Bryant

August 5th, 2012, 2:50 am #6

I am not a sports fan period. My philosophy has always been. I enjoy playing the sport not watching it! Anyway it is what it is.
At work they have ESPN on in the crapeteria all the time and my wife and Daughter have been watching the Olympics. The assinine, stupid, uninformed and sometimes glaringly obvious commentary by the announcers just makes me cringe. Do sports announcers think you sport fans are all that stupid? They just talk to fill dead air with anything that pops into their heads, don't they? I think they should get the SNL guys and let them do the announcing. Hopefully Stay Free will be a sponsor

Cheers,

Max Bryant

The NFL tried to go SNL with Dennis Miller. Few found him funny. They found themselves SOL
Last edited by ADRIANOPANETTA on August 5th, 2012, 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 5th, 2012, 3:53 am #7

As the result of a failed PSA test, I was treated to a prostate biopsy (still don't know the results).

As I was getting ready to put my clothes back on, the pretty young nurse gave me lessons on how to wear a maxi-pad...a precaution against excess bleeding from your nether regions. Then she opens up a big cupboard full of maxi-pads and tells me I can take as many as I want.

Of course, being Canadian, I'm also thinking, "Hell, my tax dollars paid for those maxi-pads"... so I picked up an armload and left the clinic.
You should be able to get by with the Tena for Men Level 1 pads. They are designed to be worn at the front, as the Ladies ones are meant for lower down IYKWIM and are too bulky. Change them regularly as it's bad enough without picking up a supplimentary infection. If your Op was only a week past, still be prepared to bleed and for clots just when you think you're safe.

And good luck with the results. Now that the Op is over, may the waiting be the worst you have to endure now.

Steve.

August 5th, 2012, 3:55 am #8

Cheers,

Max Bryant

Good for starting a campfire!! No kidding. Don't ask. n/t

August 5th, 2012, 5:04 am #9

I got a something strange going on with mine and all these doctors want to take samples and images. Lucky for me one doctor held off because the image was OK and he considered the results from a earlier test. But it was embassesing because he kept calling in other doctors to look at the images while I just got a little paper towel on. Yes the young nurse felt my shame and tried not to laugh too hard. I said as long you saved the image, would it be easier to just start a Facebook page so everyone could have a look. Turns out I have one of the largest they have ever seen that's not cancerous. Wow I got the largest man part of something in the state and can't show it to anyone!
It started when I went for a flight physical and the doctor thought something was wrong. I mentioned that I didn't ever use that part of my body to fly, so whats the issue?
I called my Dad, 80+ year old, and asked if he had any problems and he said, Of yea I went through the same thing when I was your age!
I go back next month and if there is a change, than its snip, snip for me.

August 5th, 2012, 2:20 pm #10

It seems that nothing takes longer than diagnosing a prostate problem.

The sad fact is that nothing seems remotely definitive until the doctors have pieces of it. The PSA test is borderline useless. They have a number of more advanced PSA tests (above and beyond the simple blood test) which are a nuisance and also of questionable value. And when it's all done, they usually end up sending you for a biopsy anyway.

Almost 10 years ago, I had colon cancer. I went to the doctor in March of 2003, had surgery in April and was cured...got it all and it never came back. Done from start to finish in a few weeks.

This friggin' prostate nonsense is going on FOREVER. Had my test early in May. Found out at the end of May that I "failed" the test. Had to see my regular doctor in June to get referred to a Urologist. Got biopsied in July. They say it may be the end of August before I get results (they actually said, "Call us if you haven't heard from us by the end of August"). So this could stretch until Labor Day just to diagnose it (let alone treat it...if neceassary).

Seriously?

The doctors can cure my colon cancer in 4 weeks but they need 4 months to diagnose my prostate?