I call this done - my first for 2012 (7 pictures)

I call this done - my first for 2012 (7 pictures)

February 15th, 2012, 1:07 pm #1

Italeri's 1/72 Westland Wessex HU.5 OOB.
I'm trying to get back in 'modeling-shape' and been playing around with different techniques so I regard this as a good 3-feeter (1 meter in metric terms! )
Anyway, here goes:

Cheers
Hans J
Denmark

February 15th, 2012, 2:06 pm #2

Beautifuly done, very very nice paint and weathering, my favorite old timer chopper, I would like to have the H-19 or HO4S-3 version in 1/48 scale.

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

February 15th, 2012, 2:15 pm #3

I'm trying to get back in 'modeling-shape' and been playing around with different techniques so I regard this as a good 3-feeter (1 meter in metric terms! )
Anyway, here goes:

Cheers
Hans J
Denmark
Looks awesome!!
Really like old chopper and this one is really fine!

Hope things are good - havent hear from you in a while - I know I know - you havent heard from me either

February 15th, 2012, 3:50 pm #4

Anyway, here goes:

Cheers
Hans J
Denmark
don't they look great!

February 15th, 2012, 5:17 pm #5

Anyway, here goes:

Cheers
Hans J
Denmark
...sorry Hans, I just couldn't resist! Haha! Awesome model!

February 15th, 2012, 7:33 pm #6

Anyway, here goes:

Cheers
Hans J
Denmark
Hans, that is tremendous, you've captured it in all it's pugnacious beauty. The paint looks fabulous with just about the right amount of weathering/fading and I swear those great big exhausts are solid metal, fab work! BTW the last picture reminds me of some sort of big fish.

February 15th, 2012, 8:02 pm #7

Anyway, here goes:

Cheers
Hans J
Denmark
And it is not an easy kit to tackle!!

Brandon

February 15th, 2012, 8:37 pm #8

Anyway, here goes:

Cheers
Hans J
Denmark
I'm overwhelmed by your responses!

I've been a fan of the Wessex for many years and finaly got myself to build one. I'm glad you liked it.

I've just started on this one for my next project - unfortunally it doesn't need any markings - a couple of red stars wouldn't look amiss!

Cheers
Hans J
Denmark

February 15th, 2012, 9:12 pm #9

Anyway, here goes:

Cheers
Hans J
Denmark
As to who did the best-looking Wessex in 72nd scale.

Excellent job. Great choice of subject matter and paint scheme. Thanks for posting!

david

February 16th, 2012, 2:54 am #10

Anyway, here goes:

Cheers
Hans J
Denmark
Very nice scale effect for 72nd!

Rod