I blame Claus Dam...

I blame Claus Dam...

Dan Smith
Dan Smith

September 7th, 2011, 3:13 am #1

Well...now that I have a decided taste for vacs...look what I found.

After the Felixstowe, the ol' Gotha will have some competition!

Hopefully more soon.

P.S. Thanks to Claus for sending me some more decals for the N&W...came in the mail today from Denmark complete with a cool post card of a between-he-wars Hawker to boot!

September 7th, 2011, 4:39 pm #2

...but if so I am not going to apologize! Frankly I'm pretty happy that your N&W build seems to have inspired some interest in vacform kits. 15 years ago there were more vacform than resin kit manufacturers, and they (well, most of them) did a pretty decent job.

Am I really to blame? I'm not so sure. You could just have added that N&W to your stash and nobody would have noticed. But you had to build the darn thing - and post daily WIP reports! So actually it's your own fault.

As to the T.V, it would appear that the manufacturer chose a fitting company name. I have never heard of this kit, so I'm looking forward to see what you do to it - and what it does to you...

September 7th, 2011, 4:44 pm #3

I've got the nacelles done and will cut out and sand the wings tonight. The only problem with vacs so far is that everything I touch (cat, wife, children, sandwich) has white dust all over it.

Now the family will know when I've gone into the cookie jar...

Guilty as charged!

Cheers.

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA

September 7th, 2011, 4:46 pm #4

...but if so I am not going to apologize! Frankly I'm pretty happy that your N&W build seems to have inspired some interest in vacform kits. 15 years ago there were more vacform than resin kit manufacturers, and they (well, most of them) did a pretty decent job.

Am I really to blame? I'm not so sure. You could just have added that N&W to your stash and nobody would have noticed. But you had to build the darn thing - and post daily WIP reports! So actually it's your own fault.

As to the T.V, it would appear that the manufacturer chose a fitting company name. I have never heard of this kit, so I'm looking forward to see what you do to it - and what it does to you...

Regards,

September 7th, 2011, 4:49 pm #5

I've got the nacelles done and will cut out and sand the wings tonight. The only problem with vacs so far is that everything I touch (cat, wife, children, sandwich) has white dust all over it.

Now the family will know when I've gone into the cookie jar...

Guilty as charged!

Cheers.

Regards,

"No, officer. It's not traces of cocaine. I build vacform kits".

September 7th, 2011, 5:00 pm #6

Last night I looked in the mirror while brushing my teeth and damn if I didn't say to my wife "I'd better have a good excuse if I forget to wash up!".

VERY suspicious.

Even funnier when you think of various celebrities making plastic models. There are even more jokes in there...

Cheers.

Regards,

September 8th, 2011, 2:56 am #7

Well...now that I have a decided taste for vacs...look what I found.

After the Felixstowe, the ol' Gotha will have some competition!

Hopefully more soon.

P.S. Thanks to Claus for sending me some more decals for the N&W...came in the mail today from Denmark complete with a cool post card of a between-he-wars Hawker to boot!
Or so says the box top. Hmmm. I think you fit the bill, Dan!
Best...Ted...

Current Build:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish