I am going to have to change my operations at the local contests

I am going to have to change my operations at the local contests

April 30th, 2012, 7:07 pm #1

Packing up and leaving early I missed all the fun at the Houston show Saturday. Seems a disgruntled contestant charged the podium and demanded to know why his three entries didn't place! It was finally explaind that it was because three others in his category did!

April 30th, 2012, 7:19 pm #2

I'd give $100 to see somebody "charge" Kern, LOL!

April 30th, 2012, 7:36 pm #3

Packing up and leaving early I missed all the fun at the Houston show Saturday. Seems a disgruntled contestant charged the podium and demanded to know why his three entries didn't place! It was finally explaind that it was because three others in his category did!

April 30th, 2012, 7:36 pm #4

I'd give $100 to see somebody "charge" Kern, LOL!
Tell us about your cat again...

April 30th, 2012, 11:49 pm #5

didn't make the award cut. It happened while we were packing up;it was embarrassing and VERY unseemly!

Bondo Phil
Experienced Nats "loser"

May 1st, 2012, 1:10 am #6

didn't see you or Milton there....it was kind of light this year, or so it seemed to me.

Old Digger Pilot

May 1st, 2012, 2:57 am #7

A bit too wound up, I think. Wow!

I have lost out in art shows/contests and never felt the need to do such things.

Mike: Are you going to be in Dallas or Arlington this year?

-D.

May 1st, 2012, 3:10 am #8

didn't see you or Milton there....it was kind of light this year, or so it seemed to me.

Old Digger Pilot
You mean you didn't spy my 1/32 Su-30 MKK or ze beeg 1/72 Bison-mit-Buran at Omaha? Look for Bondo's "trademarked" bases with the imitation screwed-down info. panel.

Phil
Last edited by bondo455 on May 1st, 2012, 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 1st, 2012, 4:56 pm #9

A bit too wound up, I think. Wow!

I have lost out in art shows/contests and never felt the need to do such things.

Mike: Are you going to be in Dallas or Arlington this year?

-D.
Something you want me to bring? let me know soon so I can cast them up for you.

Mike

May 1st, 2012, 5:42 pm #10

A few years ago a contestant at a show thought he had the greatest sailing ship models ever built. His models didn't place (it would have helped his case had the years accumulation of dust had been removed). After the show he read me the riot act because his models didn't place. He threw his membership card at me and walked away without giving me a chance to explain what the problem was.
He is someone else's problem now...

Look, when a vastly superior alien culture comes all this way to take over your world, certain basic laws of planetary conquest apply. For example, when someone points a Quad Vectored Hypo Thermic Cosmo Blaster at you, it's a fair bet you are about to become toast. And in your case, a whole loaf of toast!