I am a victim of the P.C. Police

I am a victim of the P.C. Police

April 27th, 2012, 2:10 pm #1

e-Bay pulled my WW2 German Luftwaffe belt buckle and Wound Badge First Class even though I covered the hackenkruzes. The message they sent didn't specifically call me a Nazi or skinhead, but they were afraid that though the articles in question may be historically significant, they MIGHT just offend somebody. This is hypocracy in that they still allow stuff like the Totenkopf skulls or yellow Cross of David's saying Juden. Those signify the Waffen SS and the Gestapo and the Holacaust to me. But you have to be a student of history to understand that. With a swastika, even a nine year-old video gamer can say, Bad Guys, Cool! Oh, well, ya can't win if you don't play. Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.

April 27th, 2012, 2:19 pm #2

...for swastika on ebay you get 16,000+ hits. And most all show the swastika. Maybe someone did not like your listings and requested Ebay to remove them?

Dry fit, don't fit, fix fit.

Google IS your friend.

April 27th, 2012, 3:37 pm #3

e-Bay pulled my WW2 German Luftwaffe belt buckle and Wound Badge First Class even though I covered the hackenkruzes. The message they sent didn't specifically call me a Nazi or skinhead, but they were afraid that though the articles in question may be historically significant, they MIGHT just offend somebody. This is hypocracy in that they still allow stuff like the Totenkopf skulls or yellow Cross of David's saying Juden. Those signify the Waffen SS and the Gestapo and the Holacaust to me. But you have to be a student of history to understand that. With a swastika, even a nine year-old video gamer can say, Bad Guys, Cool! Oh, well, ya can't win if you don't play. Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.
just makes things worse in my opinion. Like the world ends when someone gets offended. I wonder what ever happened to reason first or consider the circumstance or consider the intention (who would ever have thought of doing that???) before becoming the next person or entity to kneejerk their way into being "offended"? Like many things that are well intentioned there are always those who want everything taken to some extreme. AARRRRRGGGGGGgggggggg! uh oh I probably just "offended" the "Pirate Lobby"! cheers, LL

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!

April 27th, 2012, 4:40 pm #4

Larry:
What did you use as a header for the ad? Did you use any words like "Luftwaffe", "Nazi" "Third Reich" etc.? These words can trigger further investigation. You could say "German WW 2" or just say "WW 2" without naming a country. I use (because it's true; most of my artifacts were given to me by veteran friends of my father)"Veteran Bring-Back" and find that it works more often than not. Covering up the swastika is often worse than leaving it exposed(how that makes any sense I'll never know). Also, what categories did you place them in? It's really a shame that this issue is so convoluted.

HTH,
John

April 27th, 2012, 5:36 pm #5

just makes things worse in my opinion. Like the world ends when someone gets offended. I wonder what ever happened to reason first or consider the circumstance or consider the intention (who would ever have thought of doing that???) before becoming the next person or entity to kneejerk their way into being "offended"? Like many things that are well intentioned there are always those who want everything taken to some extreme. AARRRRRGGGGGGgggggggg! uh oh I probably just "offended" the "Pirate Lobby"! cheers, LL

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!
... but us Corporals are sure P.O.'d

He who dies with the most toys wins!!

April 27th, 2012, 7:15 pm #6

`;lk