How detailed is Zvezda and/or Masterbox?

How detailed is Zvezda and/or Masterbox?

Duncan
Duncan

August 20th, 2009, 1:32 pm #1

hi,

anybody knows what to expect when it comes to:
1/35 Zvezda and/or Master box compared to Verlinden/Academy/Tamiya.

August 24th, 2009, 4:42 pm #2

Newer Zvezda and Masterbox (and Miniart) figures are quite nice. About as good as Dragon, and better than many older Dragon sets. But some of their older figures arent so good. It just depends...

For what its worth, most Academy figures are pretty poor and Tamiya is sub par (sadly) comapred to other brands. Tamiya's newest figure sets dont offer much of an improvement over their old 1970s figures.

Tristar also makes some nice plastic figures.

Duncan
Duncan

August 25th, 2009, 10:17 am #3

Ironmike
Ironmike

May 23rd, 2011, 3:47 am #4

hi,

anybody knows what to expect when it comes to:
1/35 Zvezda and/or Master box compared to Verlinden/Academy/Tamiya.

I'd say Dragon Gen II are about the best overall 1/35th figures. However, MiniArt and Masterbox has risen to the top for authentic, detailed and action-posed figures. They have greatly improved over the last five/six years and I have not been disappointed with any of their figure kits. Zvezda still seems to have the thick, chunky figures with lots of seams and poor feet and heads. Most of their stuff is junk IMHO. Tamyia should stick to tanks as their figures for the most part aren't up to Masterbox or Dragon's level.
Add some excellent Hornet heads to any of the aforementioned figures, if desired, and what a difference.
Just my thoughts after years of kit building (I go back to the early sixties with model/figure building).