How brave are you? Stubborn enough to try this?

How brave are you? Stubborn enough to try this?

March 12th, 2012, 1:10 am #1

Red Star 1/48 scale King Air B200. Needs windows. Hard to get and very expensive kit to be drilling on... 11/32 holes and two teardrop shaped. Scary fun. Success-had to clean a couple of tear-out spots with CA glue, but now in the heat booth while the clear resin drys. First time attempting clear resin windows... let you know how it turns out.

Cheers

Pat

March 12th, 2012, 1:22 am #2

I have a project coming up that could use these.

Thanks,

Chris

March 12th, 2012, 1:21 pm #3

Red Star 1/48 scale King Air B200. Needs windows. Hard to get and very expensive kit to be drilling on... 11/32 holes and two teardrop shaped. Scary fun. Success-had to clean a couple of tear-out spots with CA glue, but now in the heat booth while the clear resin drys. First time attempting clear resin windows... let you know how it turns out.

Cheers

Pat
My hat's off to you Pat...

I love King Air's, but not enought to build that kit! Hahahhaaaa

I look forward to seeing you put your magic touch to it!

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

March 12th, 2012, 3:39 pm #4

Cheers

Pat
but I sure as heck will be watching to see how you do it!

Charles

March 12th, 2012, 4:14 pm #5

Cheers

Pat
tell me where you found the kit? Google, and Bing, were not my friend.
Thanks

March 12th, 2012, 5:12 pm #6

Cheers

Pat
and I'd love to know how the resin windows go. It looks like you've got a great start - the openings look nice and true. Please let us know the details when they're done?!

Great work!

Jeff

March 12th, 2012, 7:38 pm #7

Cheers

Pat
I'm stumped on a project of my own at the moment and looking for a solution along those lines, though I hasten to add the subject isn't a Beech. I need to make oval windows in a circular cross-section fuselage and I've considered many options from smash forming clear plastic on the as yet untouched fuselage and cutting holes and windows to fit, or leaving them empty, or the very basic oval decal option.

Keeping an eye on this project, many thanks for sharing.

Kind Regards

NeilR

March 12th, 2012, 9:30 pm #8

presented an amazing A-380 in 144th. He made the windows by pouring clear resin in the window holes and sanding the whloe thing level. Certainly did work for him!

Happy modeling,

Matthias

March 13th, 2012, 12:30 am #9

tell me where you found the kit? Google, and Bing, were not my friend.
Thanks
message sent n/t

March 13th, 2012, 1:40 am #10

Cheers

Pat
and it's not in the SPAM locker. Could I trouble you to resend it?
Thanks again