Holy Crap...Dr. Frank strikes AGAIN....

Holy Crap...Dr. Frank strikes AGAIN....

March 23rd, 2012, 6:39 am #1

Unbelievable project Frank. I can't wait to see that one in person! If you hadn't already, you just sealed your fate with a reputation as a mad man.

Congrats on an incredible project!

Mike

March 23rd, 2012, 12:15 pm #2

Beautiful job on a spectacularly ugly aircraft in What's New!

I still stick to the theory that the Blackburn Blackburn was an early English attempt at psycho-logic warfare -

I.E. to induce nausea among opponents viewing the aircraft. Wonder if the ground crew who handled and serviced the aircraft were provided with special equipment ?
Visors, shades, or blinders etc.

March 23rd, 2012, 12:39 pm #3

Beautifully UGLY!

March 23rd, 2012, 1:48 pm #4

Unbelievable project Frank. I can't wait to see that one in person! If you hadn't already, you just sealed your fate with a reputation as a mad man.

Mike
n/t

March 23rd, 2012, 2:18 pm #5

Mike
Truly inspired and inspiring work there Frank. And the article itself was entertaining and informative. Kudos!

As your next project, might I suggest a submarine to help soothe your frazzled psyche?

March 23rd, 2012, 3:31 pm #6

Mike
What's old is new again? Ya know, siiting here looking at the Blackburn I'm thinking to myself "where've I seen something similar to this recently?" and here on my wall at work is a poster of the various UAVs out there today and one in particualar shares a bit of a resemblence, the Bird Eye 500 built by IAI. Albeit a bit smaller...pretty ugly, as are most UAVs.

[/IMG]

Outstanding work on the model! What I'd give to have the talent and resources to make such models. I'd have a huge collection of obscure "yellow wing" bi planes of the USN 20s/30s.
Last edited by Whitey on March 23rd, 2012, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew White

March 23rd, 2012, 3:56 pm #7

Catch is that you need to 1. build in 1/72, and 2. be comfortable building resin and vacuform kits.

March 23rd, 2012, 4:29 pm #8

from last weeks meeting, maybe I'll try one in vac-form and 1/72!

But, I'll just hold out hope that the guys at Wing Nut Wings will come along with a line of them...I'd love a WNW T3M!
Last edited by Whitey on March 23rd, 2012, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew White

March 23rd, 2012, 6:11 pm #9

I have it at home to build for the display, but if you want to do it I don't mind passing it over. I can just as well build a Hellcat for the display; I wanted to get the markings to do a Top Hat F6F for myself anyway and the sheet I'm considering has 2 airplanes from that squadron on it.

March 23rd, 2012, 7:07 pm #10

What's old is new again? Ya know, siiting here looking at the Blackburn I'm thinking to myself "where've I seen something similar to this recently?" and here on my wall at work is a poster of the various UAVs out there today and one in particualar shares a bit of a resemblence, the Bird Eye 500 built by IAI. Albeit a bit smaller...pretty ugly, as are most UAVs.

[/IMG]

Outstanding work on the model! What I'd give to have the talent and resources to make such models. I'd have a huge collection of obscure "yellow wing" bi planes of the USN 20s/30s.
Besides almost drowning the gunner evry time it flew---

http://hsfeatures.com/features04/xsg132fm_1.htm

BTW, Thanks for the comments. Makes me want to blush.