HobbyBoss Me 262 FINISHED!

HobbyBoss Me 262 FINISHED!

March 9th, 2012, 4:50 pm #1

This is the first time I built one of these HobbyBoss kits and this one was an easy to build kit, the only problem was many of the parts had a thin line on the edges that needed to be scraped away in order for the parts to fit together correctly.
My model was painted with Model Master enamel paints and the colors were custom mixed, airbrush used was my Iwata Revolution BR.
Markings are a mix of the kits markings and some from my spares box, I did not want to do the prototype because that has been done to death by others so I marked my Me 262 as W.Nr.501322 ''black 7'' of KG(j)6.

[IMG]

Les

March 9th, 2012, 5:32 pm #2

I had to look at the first black and white pic and look twice as I thought is was an actual plane at first!!

Well done.

March 9th, 2012, 6:05 pm #3

This is the first time I built one of these HobbyBoss kits and this one was an easy to build kit, the only problem was many of the parts had a thin line on the edges that needed to be scraped away in order for the parts to fit together correctly.
My model was painted with Model Master enamel paints and the colors were custom mixed, airbrush used was my Iwata Revolution BR.
Markings are a mix of the kits markings and some from my spares box, I did not want to do the prototype because that has been done to death by others so I marked my Me 262 as W.Nr.501322 ''black 7'' of KG(j)6.

[IMG]

Les
nice what-if! I like the paintjob

March 9th, 2012, 7:13 pm #4

[IMG]

Les
VERY realistic photography!

March 9th, 2012, 8:08 pm #5

[IMG]

Les
Hello les,
what a great job you have done with his Me262,it look just stunning!!!

Wonderful work!!

Cheers FRANCK.

March 9th, 2012, 8:31 pm #6

[IMG]

Les
I like your paint scheme and think you did a really nice job on this kit. I have built the Tamiya 262 and thought it was the cat's meow. How was this kit and can you compare it to the Tamiya kit? I would love to build one with the nice big cannon in the nose! Looks very intimidating.

Walt
aka
Luftwaffe Birdman

March 9th, 2012, 8:51 pm #7

Really well done , very nice paint and wathering job, nice pics too.

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

March 9th, 2012, 9:04 pm #8

[IMG]

Les
nt

March 9th, 2012, 9:14 pm #9

I like your paint scheme and think you did a really nice job on this kit. I have built the Tamiya 262 and thought it was the cat's meow. How was this kit and can you compare it to the Tamiya kit? I would love to build one with the nice big cannon in the nose! Looks very intimidating.

Walt
aka
Luftwaffe Birdman
To me the Tamiya kit is a better fit but not by much, the biggest difference is the HobbyBoss parts need to be carefully inspected before gluing them together because there was a thin line of plastic on the edge of many of the parts that needed to be cut or scraped away...maybe my kit was a poor example but the extra attention needed for cleaning up the edges of the parts was slightly more than I see on other modern kits.
But I still liked this kit enough to want to buy more of them.

Les

March 10th, 2012, 1:28 pm #10

[IMG]

Les
Awesome paintwork!