Hobby shops Green Bay and Oshkosh, Wisconsin

Hobby shops Green Bay and Oshkosh, Wisconsin

August 7th, 2012, 3:40 pm #1

Are there any hobby shops in these two cities worth going to and spending my money?
Mike

August 7th, 2012, 3:49 pm #2

Yes, I do listen.

--
David Wrinkle -
"It's just the sort of bloody silly name they would choose!" -RJ Mitchell

August 7th, 2012, 4:08 pm #3

Are there any hobby shops in these two cities worth going to and spending my money?
Mike
There is a Hobby Town in Oshkosh and one in Green Bay, otherwise the only stores in the valley are N.E.W. Hobbies in Green Bay (not far from the stadium) and Galaxy Science and Hobby in Appleton.

Galaxy is...well to say the least...I have more kits in my collection than they have in their store and my stash isn't all that big. Even their science supply section is reduced from what it once was.

You're better off going south to Milwaukee! At least there you'll find several stores with stocked shelves filled with a varied of kits.

If you are out taking a weekend drive, stop in Kiel, Wisconsin at Evans Department Store, its on the main drag across from the bank...they have a fair selection of mainstream (US Brand) kits. Prices are good too!

Hey Mike, you might want to come up to Oshkosh for our IPMS meeting...3rd Tuesday 7PM at HobbyTown. You can join us at Friar Tucks near the airport at 5:45PM for dinner too.
Last edited by HawkeyeV on August 7th, 2012, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 7th, 2012, 5:46 pm #4

Mike
As Gerald stated, I would try N.E.W. Hobbies in Green Bay, take your time and you will find something. I would also try the Hobby Town in G.B as well. As far as the Hobby Town in Oshkosh, they were awesome at one time, now eh, as far as their selection of kits are concerned. If you can meander to Wausau Wisconsin, I would try Pope's Hobbies.
hope this helps.

August 8th, 2012, 1:45 am #5

There is a Hobby Town in Oshkosh and one in Green Bay, otherwise the only stores in the valley are N.E.W. Hobbies in Green Bay (not far from the stadium) and Galaxy Science and Hobby in Appleton.

Galaxy is...well to say the least...I have more kits in my collection than they have in their store and my stash isn't all that big. Even their science supply section is reduced from what it once was.

You're better off going south to Milwaukee! At least there you'll find several stores with stocked shelves filled with a varied of kits.

If you are out taking a weekend drive, stop in Kiel, Wisconsin at Evans Department Store, its on the main drag across from the bank...they have a fair selection of mainstream (US Brand) kits. Prices are good too!

Hey Mike, you might want to come up to Oshkosh for our IPMS meeting...3rd Tuesday 7PM at HobbyTown. You can join us at Friar Tucks near the airport at 5:45PM for dinner too.
Is Focus in Fondy still open? Not much of a "shop" as hobby shops go but the last time I was there the piles of inventory were incredible.

Ken