Hobby Lobby clearanced airbrushes

June 22nd, 2018, 7:15 pm #1

Okay posted this in the Lounge Forum since this has nothing to do really with putting plastic airplane pieces together or what color was something behind the rear cockpit. anyway I have been to three different Hobby Lobby's over the last couple weeks. I've noticed that all the air brushes except the Paasche H and VL that are locked in the glass case, all have clearance stickers on them as do all the compressors! I'm no rocket scientist but that shows me that Hobby Lobby is purging the air brushes except a few basic good sellers, anyway the clearance prices are nothing more than the 40% off that you would have with a coupon, but I do know some people go goo goo and gaga over a yellow clearance sticker. So maybe in a month or so they'll be marked down again and the prices then we'll be super fantastic
So just a heads up for all you guys anyway those who care....

Max Bryant
Cheers,
Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"

June 22nd, 2018, 7:56 pm #2

takenname1 wrote: Okay posted this in the Lounge Forum since this has nothing to do really with putting plastic airplane pieces together or what color was something behind the rear cockpit....
Thank you for taking the time to consider it, Max!  It's something more honored in the breach than in the observance.

June 22nd, 2018, 8:35 pm #3

Yes thanks for the Heads-Up. Something to definitely keep an eye out for.
P.S. No apparent Airbrush mark-down(s) seen at the local H.L. store so far...

June 22nd, 2018, 9:33 pm #4

HL can go bankrupt for all I care. Won't buy from them.  Lot of reputable places with good prices for air brushes.
"I have learned to hate all traitors, and there is no disease that I spit on more than treachery."
Aeschylus

June 23rd, 2018, 2:56 am #5

Wait, IF they're putting the Hs and VLs (kinda cheap ABs no vs say Iwatas and Badgers?) under lock and key, what's on the shelves, ready to be stuffed down a shoplifter's pants?? Those make-up ABs sold on late nite TV?

June 23rd, 2018, 4:25 am #6

Only airbrushes on the peg hooks are the cheapy Testors ones and the starter Paasche EZ brushes.
Everything else is behind a locked glass display cabinet at the front of the aisle.
What you don't think a Paasche H or VL wouldn't get stolen? People steal anything that isn't nailed down! even those cheap ones on the peg hooks will disappear sometimes :-)

Max Bryant
Cheers,
Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"

June 23rd, 2018, 10:34 am #7

It's a REAL pita nowadays to shop the local Target's electronics dept. Half the stuff is under glass! And always only one salesperson about, who's usually, slowly, taking care of a return/complaint at the register. Needed something FAST a couple  months ago, like right now, otherwise it wudda been www/online for that purchase, as usual.

AND, I thought I lived in a low crime area! But then those shoplifting gangs travel about. Even state to state.

June 24th, 2018, 3:01 am #8

n/t
Last edited by SCopeland on June 24th, 2018, 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Copeland

June 24th, 2018, 3:05 am #9

I was in HL, today - a Paasshe H (single action)was $24.99 and a VL (double action) was $34.99.  A few other items were redtagged, some for 1/3 the original price.  The Testors spray cans are locked in the same cabinet as the airbrushes. I'm glad they did...why do certain idiots HAVE to spray the paint on the racks or gondola's? the cap is the exact color. Same thing happens at Home Depot. 
Scott Copeland

June 24th, 2018, 3:58 am #10

I was at the local Hobby Lobby (medina, Ohio), looking for a compressor..... I intended to use one of their 40% off coupons, , to "get a great deal"... guess what was marked up about 40 % above other retail stores???   Yep, so, just shows to go you, know your market before you buy...