Hobby Lobby clearanced airbrushes

June 24th, 2018, 8:37 am #11

Well that's not nice! The compressor ya wanted at HL was 140% of prices at other sellers?

Yup sooooo much easier to comparo shop nowadays thanks to the vast www. Even w/ my regular www go-tos, I still double-triple check trending street prices for things. Check other onlines, eBay, Amz, etc, before I click the 'place order' box.

June 25th, 2018, 7:33 pm #12

Not Pasche, not Hobby Lobby

Passing through my local Michaels Crafts looking for something else and I turned down the airbrush aisle.   Saw that the replacement detail needle & nozzle set for a Badger 105 was marked down to $9.97, normally 30 bucks.   My Badger is spitting and spraying off to the side so for 1/3 price I'll get one.   Walk up to the register with my 10 dollar bill in my hand and the checker tells me two dollars!  They're on clearance at an additional 80% off.   I go back and clean them out.  

Go check your local Michaels too.
Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you’re shit.

June 25th, 2018, 7:40 pm #13

Yep Michaels clearanced a bunch of airbrushes and accessories weeks ago. I checked and what I did find in the Chi area was not priced that great. Now if anything is left at all at this point is another story.

Max Bryant
Cheers,
Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"

June 25th, 2018, 10:18 pm #14

tbolt47 wrote: HL can go bankrupt for all I care. Won't buy from them.  Lot of reputable places with good prices for air brushes.
Just wondering as I do not shop at HL. What is not "reputable" about HL/  Are there some business practices I should be aware of?

June 26th, 2018, 2:38 am #15

Won't speak for t-bolt of course, we may even be speaking of completely different HL things, but me,  HL hq can go down a giant sink hole as far as I'm concerned.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... aq/532743/

For a bigger picture, look into the book 'Thieves of Baghdad' by Marine Col Bogdanos. The Col and his group were OIF's version of WW2's Monuments Men.

Always amazes me how those who pound their chest the loudest about being pious, good, christian, point fingers at sinners, big believers in the word, etc, break so many laws/commandments in their quest to cut in line, ride the express train, 'guarantee' their place to heaven! Guess if you give lots of $ to Church Inc,  you're allowed to break/sidestep some of the ten from time to time. When they're inconvenient to YOUR big picture.

That $3 mil fine is peanuts to the Green family of looter enablers btw. I think they got off way too EZ. Must have friends in DC.

June 26th, 2018, 7:38 pm #16

Not talking politics, religion, WW history or business practices as viewed by some.

JUST TALKIN BOUT CLEARANCE TAGS ON AIRBRUSHES!!!!

Max Bryant
Cheers,
Max Bryant

June 28th, 2018, 12:02 pm #17

Thanks Max!

July 1st, 2018, 3:05 pm #18

Sounds like some sets already marked down super low as reported on plane talking a Paasche H set for $25, too good to pass up on! my dad finally agreed to buy me my first Paasche H set back in 1977. I believe he paid $32 for it, so that's like over $100 value today.

MAX BRYANT
Cheers,
Max Bryant