Hobby Boss 1/48 F4U-4

Hobby Boss 1/48 F4U-4

March 21st, 2012, 1:30 am #1

It was $55.99 at my LHS, but I told the owner it was too high and he let me have it for $39.99. The parts look okay, but the plastic is a little soft. Some of the detailing is weird; tailwheel and well kind of overdone, too many parts that don't show (stick linkage, engine accessories) and I'm not a fan of gun bays. In the cockpit the boot at the base of the stick is missing. Overall, I think it will build up quite nicely, so at this point I'm happy.

March 21st, 2012, 3:55 am #2

he would have put Rusty on me! That probably wouldn't have been pleasant!
Bill

March 21st, 2012, 3:58 am #3

It was $55.99 at my LHS, but I told the owner it was too high and he let me have it for $39.99. The parts look okay, but the plastic is a little soft. Some of the detailing is weird; tailwheel and well kind of overdone, too many parts that don't show (stick linkage, engine accessories) and I'm not a fan of gun bays. In the cockpit the boot at the base of the stick is missing. Overall, I think it will build up quite nicely, so at this point I'm happy.
have told "and dont forget to add tax to that...."
which is why I buy 90% of my kits at Online retailers

Maybe you did not know this but Please Remember that GOOGLE is Your Friend!

March 21st, 2012, 4:54 am #4

For $ 39.50 so that sounds about right. I am very pleased with the kit and think it looks pretty good. I jud=st dont know why they did not give ya the part to do the cowl flaps open. I mean they made it a seperate peice like Tamiyas but just forgot to make the open option. But I am pretty happy with it.

Brandon