Hi Guys! I'm Baaaack!

Hi Guys! I'm Baaaack!

April 19th, 2012, 2:21 pm #1

Tuesday and Wednesday I was in the hospital.
I finally got my hernia, and acid reflux/gerd fixed. The (small) hernia was found while checking on the acid reflux... I've obviously had it for years, and didn't know it! Hahaha
I'll be on a liquid diet for about 10 to 14 days, so I'm looking at loosing a little wieght , but in the meant time, I'll be catching up on some model time.

As of now, I've got 6 small inciscions, all stapled, around my abdomen and navel. I'm a little sore, but feeling pretty good... It helps a lot having a very caring wife (Thanks Honey)

Time to get back on the bench! Hmmm... What first?!?!?

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

April 19th, 2012, 2:23 pm #2

n/t

April 19th, 2012, 3:38 pm #3

I finally got my hernia, and acid reflux/gerd fixed. The (small) hernia was found while checking on the acid reflux... I've obviously had it for years, and didn't know it! Hahaha
I'll be on a liquid diet for about 10 to 14 days, so I'm looking at loosing a little wieght , but in the meant time, I'll be catching up on some model time.

As of now, I've got 6 small inciscions, all stapled, around my abdomen and navel. I'm a little sore, but feeling pretty good... It helps a lot having a very caring wife (Thanks Honey)

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
..the seams left by the incisions! Can't let them be there when you apply paint.

How ya gonna fill them?

Semper Fi
John

April 19th, 2012, 3:55 pm #4

Semper Fi, Don
GERD is no fun. Luckily I've had mine under control awhile with Dexilant. I hate that I have to use meds to treat symptoms of some underlying issue, but it's working for now I guess. Do they think that your GERD will be cured after this?

April 19th, 2012, 4:05 pm #5

n/t
Yes, my biggest problem now is deciding what to start... I looking at something simple... Maybe this 1/48 Italeri OH-13 Sioux ?

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don

April 19th, 2012, 4:07 pm #6

..the seams left by the incisions! Can't let them be there when you apply paint.

How ya gonna fill them?

Semper Fi
John
Nah, I'll just call them 'battle scars'... Hahahahhha

Actually, I'm hoping to keep off any wieght I loose with this recovery phase. 4 years after retiring, I gained about 30 extra pounds. The doc said that was part of the problem... So, I totally intend to keep it off!

Semper Fi, Don
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don

April 19th, 2012, 4:10 pm #7

GERD is no fun. Luckily I've had mine under control awhile with Dexilant. I hate that I have to use meds to treat symptoms of some underlying issue, but it's working for now I guess. Do they think that your GERD will be cured after this?
... Prilosec was my choice. I had to take one every night before bed... If I didn't, by dinner the next day, I was in agony!

Doc says this should be a 95% cure. As long as I don't 'overeat', I shouldn't have anymore flare ups. If I do, Tums, or Prilosec as required.

Semper Fi, Don
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don

April 19th, 2012, 4:11 pm #8

Semper Fi, Don
Glad ur on the road to recovery!! Now where's those nachos??

Bo

April 19th, 2012, 4:35 pm #9

Semper Fi, Don
Welcome back!! We missed ya!!! n/t

April 19th, 2012, 7:37 pm #10

Glad ur on the road to recovery!! Now where's those nachos??

Bo
Well, if de notch yos, who's are de!?!?

Yeah, I wish I could have some nachos! Smothered in cheese!!!!!!!!!!

Semper Fi, Don
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don