Heyford teaser post

Heyford teaser post

September 18th, 2011, 7:15 pm #1

I got my Heyford last week finally, and also have scored some decent references (including a pair of cutaway drawings), so I'll be starting it soon.

Just to whet your appetites for this one, I put an intro page up on my blog and did a quickie review of it. It may not be up to the standards of a modern Hasegawa, but compared to the class of 1979 this thing was a heck of a kit for its day.

-Hans

www.thesiegeblog.com/heyford

September 19th, 2011, 6:21 pm #2

Hi Hans,

Nice choice, finished one about 18 months ago OOB apart from the rigging. Be warned the strut that comes from the engine nacelle to the wheel spat comes up short.

PS. Excuse the clutter behind.

Have fun Paul

Paul

September 19th, 2011, 11:22 pm #3

get on with but want to do it in the training colours of green/brown over yellow with big roundels and serials all over but I have lost my photo reference - any help would be appreciated. Apparently about 6 made it to 1941 as training a/c and appeared in this scheme - YUMMY!!.

September 20th, 2011, 1:33 am #4

I got my Heyford last week finally, and also have scored some decent references (including a pair of cutaway drawings), so I'll be starting it soon.

Just to whet your appetites for this one, I put an intro page up on my blog and did a quickie review of it. It may not be up to the standards of a modern Hasegawa, but compared to the class of 1979 this thing was a heck of a kit for its day.

-Hans

www.thesiegeblog.com/heyford
I just added this baby to the stash and I've been collecting reference photos from the Net. Do us proud, man - I want to see how its done!
Best...Ted...

Current Build:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2; Mad About Migs Pt. 3

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish

September 20th, 2011, 1:35 am #5

Hi Hans,

Nice choice, finished one about 18 months ago OOB apart from the rigging. Be warned the strut that comes from the engine nacelle to the wheel spat comes up short.

PS. Excuse the clutter behind.

Have fun Paul

Paul
...on that engine-to-nacelle strut shortfall, Paul. Nice job there - the decals look especially well done and if they're the kit decals well then, EXTRA kudos!
Best...Ted...

Current Build:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2; Mad About Migs Pt. 3

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish