Hello Sky King (aka MM)

August 16th, 2018, 11:07 am #1

Any word 'bout your ceiling fiasco? More I think 'bout it, gotta be someone up there !
Regards, Tom
It is requested that everyone remain silent,.... and standing

August 17th, 2018, 2:52 am #2

Nobody up there. Because of the design of the building and the staggered floor plans, our attic is shared with only one other apartment, and that apartment is vacant, and the only access to the attic is through a hatch in the ceiling of one our bedroom closets.

There were some pieces of wallboard/sheetrock in the attic, left over from previous repairs or construction, stacked on edge. They fell over, one by one, landing flat on top of each other, causing the loud bangs that I heard. Those hit another piece of scrap material, and it was that scrap that punched the hole in the ceiling. Ceiling now repaired, attic construction inspected and found satisfactory. All is well.

Somebody suggested it might have been a ghost. But I don't believe in ghosts. I don't believe in ghosts. I don't believe in ghosts. I don't believe in ghosts …

Thanks for asking
Michael McMurtrey
IPMS-USA #1746
IPMS-Canada #1426
CAHS #5646
Carrollton, TX

Proud IPMS-USA Low Number Thumper!

August 18th, 2018, 12:41 am #3

not even the"Holy Ghost?"...hehe
It is requested that everyone remain silent,.... and standing

August 18th, 2018, 1:51 am #4

Interesting cause of the problem - Good to see you have the problem sorted.

Occasionally I'm startled by very loud bangs against the walls - the cause are large birds chasing insects failing to pull up in time.