Hello everyone going to be in Chicago next week any good model shops, aircraft displays...

Hello everyone going to be in Chicago next week any good model shops, aircraft displays...

July 8th, 2012, 11:10 pm #1

that I should try and visit in between my meetings.

Cheers,
Keith
Last edited by kgabriel01 on July 8th, 2012, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 9th, 2012, 1:38 am #2

MnModels off S.Cicero,south of Midway Airport. MnModels had odd hours so make sure you check if you plan to go, they have some great stuff.
Cheers,
Geoff

July 9th, 2012, 4:07 am #3

if you've never been. Look for the F4F at O'Hare airport.

July 9th, 2012, 4:49 am #4

Cheers,
Keith
Here are the shops that still operate to the best of my knowledge. I know I may be forgetting one or two up in the Northern Burbs.

LaGrange Hobby Center On Rt 45/LaGrange (They got a lot a nice girls) Rd. in downtown LaGrange

There was a shop in Danada Square shopping Center on the outskirts of Naperville. I have not been there in years and do not know if they still exist. Past time Hobby?...

Discount Hobby Warehouse off of 111th and Southwest Highway. Lots of new and older kits, but beware the shop has always looked like a bomb went off inside and if you have trouble seeing bring a flashlight!

M&Models on Cicero Ave not far from the above shop.

Berwyn Toy Trains and Models on Ogden Ave about 1 mile just East of Harlem.

There is a Hobby shop in the Plaza with the Toys R Us in Downers Grove on 75th and Lemont Rd.

Leisure Hours in a Mall outlot by the Louis Joliet mall. Alot of plastic at MSRP. The counter guys are D-Bags!

Down the street from the above heading South into CrestHill about 1.5 miles is Walts Hobbies.

There is a HobbyTown USA Behind the Target on Lagrange Rd/RT.45/96th Ave in Orland/Tinley Park The store is on 94th Ave? just cut through the Target lot and it is right there.There is a shop somewhere

I think in Desplaines

AdVenture Hobby in Wheeling

Good Hunting

Cheers,

Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"
Last edited by nametaken on July 9th, 2012, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 9th, 2012, 4:54 am #5

Cheers,
Keith
in Elhurst. Look 'em up at www.alshobbyshop.com it's not a massive selection but they do have some stuff on sale and usually stock newer stuff as well. Also rummage thru their AM boxes as most of it's all 20-50% off. Some older stuff worth getting IMHO. Nice paint selection...and ask for Carol as she is a real swetheart and always polite.

Later,

Lee

July 9th, 2012, 6:08 am #6

Cheers,
Keith
They have a nice 1:1 scale SBD Dauntless with some background about the Battle of Midway at Midway Airport. Alas, you must be flying in or out of the airport to see this.

July 9th, 2012, 9:57 am #7

That Dauntless at Midway is a real one! She was in the collection of the USAF Museum at one time but was recalled by the Navy and sent up north. Not a reproduction.

July 9th, 2012, 11:45 am #8

Cheers,
Keith
A real old fashioned shop about 3 miles due east of O'Hare on the way into the city. Lots of plastic, new and old. Owner is a good guy who I've dealt with for about 30 years now. He does have a respiratory condition, do not wear any cologne or scented deodorant if you stop in.

July 9th, 2012, 3:28 pm #9

Cheers,
Keith
U-505 on display.
Adventure Hobbies on Dundee Road in Buffalo Grove, and Al's Hobbies in Elmhurst.

July 9th, 2012, 6:20 pm #10

Here are the shops that still operate to the best of my knowledge. I know I may be forgetting one or two up in the Northern Burbs.

LaGrange Hobby Center On Rt 45/LaGrange (They got a lot a nice girls) Rd. in downtown LaGrange

There was a shop in Danada Square shopping Center on the outskirts of Naperville. I have not been there in years and do not know if they still exist. Past time Hobby?...

Discount Hobby Warehouse off of 111th and Southwest Highway. Lots of new and older kits, but beware the shop has always looked like a bomb went off inside and if you have trouble seeing bring a flashlight!

M&Models on Cicero Ave not far from the above shop.

Berwyn Toy Trains and Models on Ogden Ave about 1 mile just East of Harlem.

There is a Hobby shop in the Plaza with the Toys R Us in Downers Grove on 75th and Lemont Rd.

Leisure Hours in a Mall outlot by the Louis Joliet mall. Alot of plastic at MSRP. The counter guys are D-Bags!

Down the street from the above heading South into CrestHill about 1.5 miles is Walts Hobbies.

There is a HobbyTown USA Behind the Target on Lagrange Rd/RT.45/96th Ave in Orland/Tinley Park The store is on 94th Ave? just cut through the Target lot and it is right there.There is a shop somewhere

I think in Desplaines

AdVenture Hobby in Wheeling

Good Hunting

Cheers,

Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"
Big shame, as it was a good store.