Hawker Audax Mk I, 1/72 Avis

Hawker Audax Mk I, 1/72 Avis

April 25th, 2012, 8:56 pm #1

Hi all,

This is another one from the Iraq rebellion miniserie, which am currently doing. The Avis kit is very nice, well detailed and with plenty of options, but requires a lot of dry fit, the worst part is the upper wing, almost no attach points just little dots that grabs noting...so you need to have some experience before do this one.

This machine belongs to 4th Flying Training School at Habbaniya air base. The kit was done OBB. Decals from DP Casper. Paint job, Tamiya acrylics.

Have fun!

Felipe

April 25th, 2012, 10:24 pm #2

Very nice job , I like it a lot

April 25th, 2012, 10:45 pm #3

Hi all,

This is another one from the Iraq rebellion miniserie, which am currently doing. The Avis kit is very nice, well detailed and with plenty of options, but requires a lot of dry fit, the worst part is the upper wing, almost no attach points just little dots that grabs noting...so you need to have some experience before do this one.

This machine belongs to 4th Flying Training School at Habbaniya air base. The kit was done OBB. Decals from DP Casper. Paint job, Tamiya acrylics.

Have fun!

Felipe
So nicely done , excellent silver paint finish. I like it much.

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

April 26th, 2012, 12:38 am #4

Hi all,

Have fun!

Felipe
Beautiful subject beautifully done!

Stuart

April 26th, 2012, 4:55 am #5

Hi all,

Have fun!

Felipe
I'm just about to embark on an Airspeed Oxford from 4 FTS. I also have Eduard's Me110 in Iraqi markings in the stash. I was wondering about possibly building a bigger collection of 4 FTS aircraft but was unsure of the markings...and now you provide the info for an Audax! Thanks but no thanks...now I've just GOT to find a 1/48 Audax and build it (and I don't "do" biplanes!). It's all your fault...

Only kidding...your kit looks superb. Out of interest, where did you find the info for the markings?

Cheers,
Mark

April 26th, 2012, 12:19 pm #6

Very nice job , I like it a lot
Thank you Graeme!

April 26th, 2012, 12:19 pm #7

So nicely done , excellent silver paint finish. I like it much.

Serge Dompierre
Thank you Serge!

April 26th, 2012, 12:20 pm #8

Beautiful subject beautifully done!

Stuart
Thank you Stuart!

April 26th, 2012, 12:21 pm #9

I'm just about to embark on an Airspeed Oxford from 4 FTS. I also have Eduard's Me110 in Iraqi markings in the stash. I was wondering about possibly building a bigger collection of 4 FTS aircraft but was unsure of the markings...and now you provide the info for an Audax! Thanks but no thanks...now I've just GOT to find a 1/48 Audax and build it (and I don't "do" biplanes!). It's all your fault...

Only kidding...your kit looks superb. Out of interest, where did you find the info for the markings?

Cheers,
Mark
Just look for DP Casper decals....they have a whole set focused on the Iraq rebellion.

April 26th, 2012, 1:50 pm #10

Hi all,

Have fun!

Felipe
VERY solid work! Love it!