Hats off to Jon Bryon!

Hats off to Jon Bryon!

March 12th, 2018, 11:21 pm #1

A very nice F4U-7 in What's new today. Not the most common of Corsair versions either.

I can identify with Jon's struggle to find just the right shade of Gloss Sea Blue in light of conflicting paint recommendations, scale effect and lighting for photography. However the finished model is great.

-d-
Last edited by HanmanRA5 on March 12th, 2018, 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 13th, 2018, 12:13 am #2

A VERY nice late Corsair. I'd have gone with Model Master GSB, but I've seen MANY color photos where GSB looked this dark, so it's hard to find fault on that account. I'm beginning to think that the color of GSB might be a matter of personal preference/taste.

March 13th, 2018, 3:04 pm #3

A very nice F4U-7 in What's new today. Not the most common of Corsair versions either.

I can identify with Jon's struggle to find just the right shade of Gloss Sea Blue in light of conflicting paint recommendations, scale effect and lighting for photography. However the finished model is great.

-d-
I love it! Jon did a great job on her!
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

March 13th, 2018, 4:30 pm #4

-d-
It made me pull out my Hasegawa kit and have a look at it. I know there are some problems at the nose but hopefully I can get over that little bump.

As an aside you may want to jump on over to Jon's site listed at the bottom of the article. Some very good builds there and gave me some more inspiration. Under construction stuff too in the build details.

Cheers
Chris

March 13th, 2018, 10:05 pm #5

-d-
Thanks chaps :) nt