Hasegawa Ju 188 - a couple of cockpit pics added...

Hasegawa Ju 188 - a couple of cockpit pics added...

July 30th, 2012, 2:07 pm #1

Think I'm going to call this one done. She incorporates a bit of Eduard, a bit of Master Models, a bit of CMK (navigation lights), a bit of scratch, and sports decals from AIMS. I apologize in advance for the photography - I am certainly not planning to quit my day job anytime soon!

I had some significant fit issues with the kit. The slanting portion of the canopy was fractionally wider than its mating surface, so I had to use a clamp while the glue was drying. It turned out all right in the end, tho'...

I had another fit issue with the top of the fuselage, but that was most likely my fault. Still, I ended up sanding off all the detail, and thank goodness for the AIMS sheet, with those ever-so-nice fuel panel decals...

Oh, yes, and I, like most all other builders, noted that the extended wingtips were seriously thicker than the rest of the wing, requiring lots of sandpaper

Hope you find the wait was worth it - I thought in the end that I lucked out, but would feel badly if you felt I had unreasonably built up your expectations.

Byron

Here's a couple of cockpit pics I took last night - it's not even close to chuckw standards, but suitably busy, anyway...

Anyway, thanks again for looking!!!

Byron

Last edited by baboyd on August 2nd, 2012, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 30th, 2012, 4:27 pm #2

I tried a few different ways, but nothing worked.

I'm not a plastic kit builder. I'm a styrene butcher.
I'm not a kit builder. I'm a styrene butcher.

July 30th, 2012, 5:09 pm #3

start a new post, but won't accept the post when I try to finalize it. It just goes back to the login, and tells me that I have to be logged in before I will be authorized to most messages or start a new thread.

My computer at work will let me log in, and accept new posts, but isn't letting the pics go through...

Can't win for losing... I may end up creating a new login.

Sorry 'bout that

Byron

July 30th, 2012, 5:32 pm #4

Think I'm going to call this one done. She incorporates a bit of Eduard, a bit of Master Models, a bit of CMK (navigation lights), a bit of scratch, and sports decals from AIMS. I apologize in advance for the photography - I am certainly not planning to quit my day job anytime soon!

I had some significant fit issues with the kit. The slanting portion of the canopy was fractionally wider than its mating surface, so I had to use a clamp while the glue was drying. It turned out all right in the end, tho'...

I had another fit issue with the top of the fuselage, but that was most likely my fault. Still, I ended up sanding off all the detail, and thank goodness for the AIMS sheet, with those ever-so-nice fuel panel decals...

Oh, yes, and I, like most all other builders, noted that the extended wingtips were seriously thicker than the rest of the wing, requiring lots of sandpaper

Hope you find the wait was worth it - I thought in the end that I lucked out, but would feel badly if you felt I had unreasonably built up your expectations.

Byron

Here's a couple of cockpit pics I took last night - it's not even close to chuckw standards, but suitably busy, anyway...

Byron

I have four pictures of a downed Ju 188, somewhere in France in late 1944 or early 1945. Haven't done a model of one though; would like to see yours.

An Old Soldier, but not faded away. Yet.

July 30th, 2012, 5:38 pm #5

Byron

Byron

Can't open the links.

July 30th, 2012, 6:01 pm #6

Can you see them now?

July 30th, 2012, 7:31 pm #7

Byron

Byron

I bet that was fun to freehand with an airbrush. Cool model. Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.

July 30th, 2012, 7:32 pm #8

Byron

Byron

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.
Last edited by CSMO on July 30th, 2012, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 30th, 2012, 8:05 pm #9

Byron

Byron

and I think I seem to have more computer problems than most. Really nice 188. I have the Dragon 1/48 ready when I am. Evidently some fit issues there as well.

July 30th, 2012, 8:30 pm #10

Byron

Byron

Nice work on the mottling. The rest looks good, too.

I'm not a plastic kit builder. I'm a styrene butcher.
I'm not a kit builder. I'm a styrene butcher.