Hasegawa A6M2b completed

Hasegawa A6M2b completed

May 14th, 2012, 8:18 pm #1

I finished up on my Zero today. It is OOB with kit decals with the exception of PE seat belts. It is weathered with pastels oils and silver pencil. The hasegawa zeros are still nice in this scale. Now on to something else either a Phantom FGR.2 or a Smer Fulmar, I am still trying to decide! Hope that you enjoy this one.

Thanks,Geoff

May 15th, 2012, 12:44 am #2

Great paint job. I like how you kept the chipping and weathering to a minimum. Well done!

May 15th, 2012, 6:27 am #3

I dont like excessive chipping and all of the images I had of this aircraft did not show it. I am glad you liked it.

Geoff

May 15th, 2012, 6:09 pm #4

I finished up on my Zero today. It is OOB with kit decals with the exception of PE seat belts. It is weathered with pastels oils and silver pencil. The hasegawa zeros are still nice in this scale. Now on to something else either a Phantom FGR.2 or a Smer Fulmar, I am still trying to decide! Hope that you enjoy this one.

Thanks,Geoff

Man, I think you really nailed this build in so many ways. The overall look and finish is absolutely superb, and not overdone in any way. Dang, I wish I had that touch!
Best...Ted...

Current Builds:

RCAF Trimotor Pt. 1

Postwar RCAF Pt. 1; Postwar RCAF Pt. 2; Postwar RCAF Pt. 3

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2; Mad About Migs Pt. 3; Mad About Migs Pt. 4; Mad About Migs Pt. 5; Mad About Migs Pt. 6;
Mad About Migs Pt. 7; Mad About Migs Pt. 8; Mad About Migs Finish

Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish

May 16th, 2012, 12:53 pm #5

Thanks,Geoff

And the photography is good too.

I'm planning an FGR.2 Phantom in the near future as well. (Althougha fulmar in 'American' markings has been on the short list too... so many kits, so few lives.)

Cheers,

May 16th, 2012, 2:57 pm #6

Thanks,Geoff

Superb build, great paint, and nice weathering. Well done!

Jacob Russell

May 16th, 2012, 8:51 pm #7

Thanks,Geoff

That looks just awesome - sharp thin canopy frames - subtle weathering - and great choice of markings, they look mighty sharp as well

I agree on the Hase Zero - still nice kits

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - TT-1 Pinto : Part I (incl Panthers Cup 2012 show report)
1/72 - Airfix/Jo-Han - Mitsubishi Zero/Rufe conversion: Part I
1/72 - Airfix - Hawker Hurricane Mk.I : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV /end (incl. Model Force 2012 show report)

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

May 18th, 2012, 8:58 pm #8

Thanks,Geoff

That's a perty lookin, meatball plane. Nice work

May 19th, 2012, 4:48 am #9

Thanks,Geoff

Excellent Jeoff!

May 23rd, 2012, 5:02 pm #10

Thanks,Geoff

Geoff that is a nice looking Zero!, I love the paint and subtle weathering. Is that pre-shading?

On the shots from the top it can easily pass for larger scale!!!

<table><tr><td width="84" valign="top"></td><td valign="top">SGT Braille </td></tr></table>