Hasegawa 1/48 Phantom F-4B VF-84 'Jolly Rogers'

Hasegawa 1/48 Phantom F-4B VF-84 'Jolly Rogers'

May 20th, 2012, 6:40 pm #1

Hi all, here is my finished F-4B. Backdated from the engraved 1/48 hasegawa F-4J, I used the excellent Royale Resins conversion set, Wolfpack Designs flap and slat set, True Details seamless intakes and USN pylons, Aires exhausts and a mixture of decals from Double Ugly 48-0001 and Superscale 48-847. The paints were Hannants enamels and the matt varnish was Vallejo matt thinned with their own airbrush cleaner. The metalised portions were achieved with Zero paints Audi silver and light mistings of Alclad transparent smoke. The inboard leading edge flaps were scratchbuilt from a spare set of wings and some plastic card. The nose oleo was modified with rod and strip to show it extended. The last pic is of the underside immediately after painting, I used the pre-shading technique which seems to work well on gull grey/white USN schemes. I made several mistakes, but I'm fairly happy with the result. I'm using it as a dry run for an exact copy in 1/32! Already have the kit all the bits, hope to have some custom made decals very soon.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Last edited by bizzyboy on May 20th, 2012, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 20th, 2012, 9:24 pm #2

Very outstanding model !!!! great paint job and weathering !!!

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

May 20th, 2012, 9:35 pm #3

Hi all, here is my finished F-4B. Backdated from the engraved 1/48 hasegawa F-4J, I used the excellent Royale Resins conversion set, Wolfpack Designs flap and slat set, True Details seamless intakes and USN pylons, Aires exhausts and a mixture of decals from Double Ugly 48-0001 and Superscale 48-847. The paints were Hannants enamels and the matt varnish was Vallejo matt thinned with their own airbrush cleaner. The metalised portions were achieved with Zero paints Audi silver and light mistings of Alclad transparent smoke. The inboard leading edge flaps were scratchbuilt from a spare set of wings and some plastic card. The nose oleo was modified with rod and strip to show it extended. The last pic is of the underside immediately after painting, I used the pre-shading technique which seems to work well on gull grey/white USN schemes. I made several mistakes, but I'm fairly happy with the result. I'm using it as a dry run for an exact copy in 1/32! Already have the kit all the bits, hope to have some custom made decals very soon.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Goat about this far with it the first time (Pic)and then I noticed one of the wings were warped and I made it worse trying to fix it. It then got destroyed!!

Really like the way yours came out. It looks awesome! Especially with the flaps and slats dropped.Well done!

Brandon

May 20th, 2012, 9:40 pm #4

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Love the technique on the metal surfaces. Will have to study this one carefully.

May 20th, 2012, 9:45 pm #5

Goat about this far with it the first time (Pic)and then I noticed one of the wings were warped and I made it worse trying to fix it. It then got destroyed!!

Really like the way yours came out. It looks awesome! Especially with the flaps and slats dropped.Well done!

Brandon

Real shame, paint job looked awesome!!!!

May 20th, 2012, 11:22 pm #6

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Excellent Job Patrick

May 21st, 2012, 1:07 am #7

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

What everyone else said !!!!!!n/t

May 21st, 2012, 1:48 am #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Great work.............zoom, zoom

May 21st, 2012, 6:00 am #9

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

just awesome!

May 21st, 2012, 6:58 am #10

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

very nice work !!