Hasegawa 1/48 Fw-190A-4

Hasegawa 1/48 Fw-190A-4

March 3rd, 2011, 8:34 am #1

Finished the other night. OOB with the exception of an Ultracast seat, Master metal barrels and thin wire added to replicate brake lines. Bit of a bother of a kit, particularly with the forward wing to cowl fit, but nothing that hasn't been reported about before. Enjoy, and comments/ critique welcome.

Cheers,
Kev C.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

March 3rd, 2011, 10:48 am #2

Nice unusual dress! Thanks for sharing.

March 3rd, 2011, 11:01 am #3

And thanks for the positive comments. Here's some more on the man himself:

http://www.battleofbritainaviationart.c ... PilotID=82

http://www.luftwaffe.cz/rudorffer.html

Kev C.

March 3rd, 2011, 12:13 pm #4

Finished the other night. OOB with the exception of an Ultracast seat, Master metal barrels and thin wire added to replicate brake lines. Bit of a bother of a kit, particularly with the forward wing to cowl fit, but nothing that hasn't been reported about before. Enjoy, and comments/ critique welcome.

Cheers,
Kev C.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Beautifuly done , very very nice desert paint job.

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

March 3rd, 2011, 12:45 pm #5

Cheers,
Kev C.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Great job!!! Well done!!!

March 3rd, 2011, 4:14 pm #6

Cheers,
Kev C.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
A more accurate and refined short nosed 190 is worth the effort IMHO.

Vastly better flying surfaces, a more accurate cowl shape, finer panel lines and proper sized wheels are just some of the advantages. Thanks for building this kit. I've not seen many built up, and it looks very good in the shape department.

Nice job, and a interesting change of pace on the color scheme.

Happy Modelling! Roy
Visit my blog at:
http://barracudacals.blogspot.com

March 3rd, 2011, 4:36 pm #7

Cheers,
Kev C.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
I've got a question though; what's up with the length of those deck guns? Don't think I've seen any protrude that far out from the opening? They should end about the same point as that 1st cowling fastener. I saw that you replaced the kit pieces but did the AM instructions say to put theme out there like that? I wouldn't even bring this up except that somebody else with those replacement barrels might want to know. Everything else is superb and like RS I think the scheme makes for a refreshing change of pace. cheers, LL

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!

March 3rd, 2011, 5:26 pm #8

Cheers,
Kev C.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Love the desert scheme!!

Brandon

March 4th, 2011, 4:35 am #9

I've got a question though; what's up with the length of those deck guns? Don't think I've seen any protrude that far out from the opening? They should end about the same point as that 1st cowling fastener. I saw that you replaced the kit pieces but did the AM instructions say to put theme out there like that? I wouldn't even bring this up except that somebody else with those replacement barrels might want to know. Everything else is superb and like RS I think the scheme makes for a refreshing change of pace. cheers, LL

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!
LL,

Mate, you are right, they shouldn't have extended that far but I simply could not be bothered fixing them once I realised the mistake. The Master instructions did not say that any modification was required, so I simply stuck them straight on. I think Master could make themselves a far better company to give some more direction on issues like these, and even give some bigger instructions to help identify which gun was which. Nonetheless, I think they add a little more realism, particularly the outer wing guns which look really nice.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments, really appreciated.

Cheers,
Kev C from OZ

March 4th, 2011, 3:22 pm #10

kj;