Hasa F-4B

Hasa F-4B

June 6th, 2012, 6:42 am #1

Hasagawa's F-4B, Model Master paints, artest oil washes, Eduards FOD covers and Areo Club seats. Years ago I had a long list of Phantoms I wanted to make, this was one of them. Mean, Dirty Phantom.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

June 6th, 2012, 7:49 pm #2

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

June 6th, 2012, 8:53 pm #3

Hasagawa's F-4B, Model Master paints, artest oil washes, Eduards FOD covers and Areo Club seats. Years ago I had a long list of Phantoms I wanted to make, this was one of them. Mean, Dirty Phantom.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
...very nice work, all the way around. Great choice for markings, too [...late '70s/early '80s?].
BRAVO!
--Bill

June 7th, 2012, 5:22 pm #4

June 8th, 2012, 11:39 am #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
nt

Glen Genest
Glen Genest

June 9th, 2012, 12:29 am #6

To clarify, The are the decals from the Hasagawa kit #KX-3. As with re-issues, I bought a 00796 VF-14 Tophatters, these I traded anonther Hyperscaler for his VF-111, I had 2 sets of VF-111 F-4J off the Coral Sea's, one of them was from a Mig killer Micro Scale sheet. But I wanted the FDR F-4B. There ara a few Micro Scale stencils on here too, but Hasa covers most stencils pretty well.
Thanks for looking
Air5

June 11th, 2012, 11:42 am #7

nt

June 11th, 2012, 8:20 pm #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
It's been ages since I did a Rhino - you sure gave me plenty of inspiration to start one again !

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - TT-1 Pinto : Part I (incl Panthers Cup 2012 show report)
1/72 - Airfix/Jo-Han - Mitsubishi Zero/Rufe conversion: Part I

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

June 14th, 2012, 3:07 pm #9

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Excellent build.
What are your secrests. How did you overcome any kit shortcomings (which should be few - unless you got a bad kit).
Describe your painting and weathering stages and what you used. Excellent work!!!!

June 15th, 2012, 2:01 am #10

David, Thank you for your comments and interest for this model, in truth there are no secret skills, no magic formulas, Just simple modeling skills and techniqueslearned over a few years building models. With some passed on to me here, on Hyperscale, a few from a fellow modeler, who was not keeping secrets, except for his work, which was... The kit is a generic boxing from Hasagawa with the same back seat issues they have always had for the Navy subjects, It’s wrong. The right side instrument paneling needs to vanish, the wedge piece can stay but the side wall needs to be cleaned up, the right side is missing an instrument block (best way to describe it). Other details are missing, but as I did not add them, I won’t comment. The front is ok IF,your not going to go crazy detailing. Watch the lower wing fit to the fuselage, mine ended up a little high. Except as noted, the fit is good, a little clean up here and there;
the intakes can pose a problem. As for painting, I try to always use gloss paints. I’ve gone back to using my Xtracolor paints Thinned with Lacquer thinner, about 50/50 mix. Give a superb glossy finish, dries in about a day. Decals from Hasagawa had to be persuaded to lie down. Micro Sol, Sovaset, a home brew (Solvaset & white glue) Future, all worked finally. Then a coat of Future, and a Burnt Umber wash, a No 2 Pencil .030 lead to finish with the panel line I wanted to high light. A coat of Testors Dull Coat/Gloss Coat 50/50 was sprayed on and left to dry leaving only the canopies and the seats left...I used my set of Aero Club Seat, they are White metal and there for add nose weight to the model. There you have Dave, no fancy skills, now magic, no tricks, just basic modeling techniques, some patients and some fun thrown in. Like the other model says (banging his head against the wall) it’s only a hobby.
Good luck and have fun with your next model
Glen
Air-5