Has WingNuts Wings screwed the pooch??

Has WingNuts Wings screwed the pooch??

March 20th, 2017, 6:24 pm #1

Owing to the debacle of the Sopwith Camel release has WingNuts really done a number on itself? When you can order direct (formerly) and get the product in a week to 10-days and now you either go through a failure of a mail order outlet or Sprue Brothers.

Sprue Brothers is no problem as they actually know what they are doing, but stock sells out as soon as arrival and then you just wait and hope to time the next shipment right. I.e. before it too sells out. Not a lick on Sprue Brothers at all. Not their fault and they are still the best.

Where is the improvement?

Why is their website so bereft of any form of updates or changes? Coming soon is the mantra for stuff that has already been released for several months.

March 20th, 2017, 6:33 pm #2

anymore, it's too crowded"
Remember the USS Liberty

March 20th, 2017, 7:02 pm #3

Owing to the debacle of the Sopwith Camel release has WingNuts really done a number on itself? When you can order direct (formerly) and get the product in a week to 10-days and now you either go through a failure of a mail order outlet or Sprue Brothers.

Sprue Brothers is no problem as they actually know what they are doing, but stock sells out as soon as arrival and then you just wait and hope to time the next shipment right. I.e. before it too sells out. Not a lick on Sprue Brothers at all. Not their fault and they are still the best.

Why is their website so bereft of any form of updates or changes? Coming soon is the mantra for stuff that has already been released for several months.
Whenever a company picks up a new line of products there is a period of discovery as to how much inventory to order both initially and restocks. SB doesn't overstock unlike some others do, if they can reorder and refill inventory in a short period of time. So many others over buy and the inventory sits tying up funds that could otherwise be used for faster moving merch.

The other side of that coin is lets say the new distributor/retailer wants 10,000 pcs but the mfr can only produce 5,000 each run. You take as much as they'll sell you. If you're but one customer, they distribute as they see fit to keep everyone supplied.

As you mentioned SB is on their what third or forth reorder of WNW stock? Which they get restocked pretty quickly considering the others are still waiting for their first stock to arrive.

I think WNW is giddy seeing the number of kits being sold by SB, probably more sold since Feb when SB first started than that other entity did in the last year.

If you have to wait for the product anyway why not buy it from the one that will for sure get it in and ship it to you when it arrives from the mfr.

My 2 cents.

March 20th, 2017, 7:30 pm #4

Not to excuse Wingnut Wings for having a brain fart, but they DO make the finest 1/32 WWI kits anywhere, bar none.

I will gladly put up with an oopsie or two from them, as long as the oopsie does not include shape or accuracy issues. I have plenty of kits to build until the Camel arrives.

March 20th, 2017, 7:42 pm #5

Whenever a company picks up a new line of products there is a period of discovery as to how much inventory to order both initially and restocks. SB doesn't overstock unlike some others do, if they can reorder and refill inventory in a short period of time. So many others over buy and the inventory sits tying up funds that could otherwise be used for faster moving merch.

The other side of that coin is lets say the new distributor/retailer wants 10,000 pcs but the mfr can only produce 5,000 each run. You take as much as they'll sell you. If you're but one customer, they distribute as they see fit to keep everyone supplied.

As you mentioned SB is on their what third or forth reorder of WNW stock? Which they get restocked pretty quickly considering the others are still waiting for their first stock to arrive.

I think WNW is giddy seeing the number of kits being sold by SB, probably more sold since Feb when SB first started than that other entity did in the last year.

If you have to wait for the product anyway why not buy it from the one that will for sure get it in and ship it to you when it arrives from the mfr.

My 2 cents.
My comments were not a lick on Sprue Brothers. They are a terrific reseller and I admire their business model totally. Neither were they a lick on WingNut Wings. Merely an observation. I have every one of their single seat fighters and most of their two-seaters. I suspect they were or are trying to get out of retailing their kits but wow, was it a messed up attempt. I bet they learned a real lesson.

Go Wingnuts and Go Sprue Brothers!

March 20th, 2017, 7:44 pm #6

Not to excuse Wingnut Wings for having a brain fart, but they DO make the finest 1/32 WWI kits anywhere, bar none.

I will gladly put up with an oopsie or two from them, as long as the oopsie does not include shape or accuracy issues. I have plenty of kits to build until the Camel arrives.
Re-read my remarks. Also know that at my age I have plenty of brain farts and regular ones too, as attested by my eternally patient and loving CIC.

March 20th, 2017, 8:14 pm #7

WWI or Not.

Roy

March 20th, 2017, 8:30 pm #8

Global distribution. Can't keep up with demand period.

March 20th, 2017, 8:55 pm #9

Camels..and at a 15 percent discount.
Quick to ship to.
C.

March 20th, 2017, 9:24 pm #10

Global distribution. Can't keep up with demand period.
I was not whining. If you read that a remedial reading comprehension course may be appropriate.