Has anyone had good luck with the Trumpeter rivet tool?

Has anyone had good luck with the Trumpeter rivet tool?

March 19th, 2012, 1:01 am #1

it shows four different wheels to produce rivets in sevearl scales. I was wondering if the thing works well or whether I should invest in something more expensive.
Last edited by 34Drive on March 19th, 2012, 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 19th, 2012, 1:12 am #2

March 19th, 2012, 1:42 am #3

it shows four different wheels to produce rivets in sevearl scales. I was wondering if the thing works well or whether I should invest in something more expensive.
mainly for touching up/replacing rivet/divots lost in sanding/smoothing. Seems to work fine for that, and the spacing matches what Trumpeter uses.

March 19th, 2012, 1:50 am #4

Egonomically I don't like it, the wheel sticks out right at the end so you can't angle it as you draw it along, just found it made it somewhat difficult to use. Have to keep the disk oiled since it doesn't rotate as easily as I'd like. Also, the wheel is sandwhiched between to pieces of plastic so it's hard to get into tight spots sometimes.

There are better ones available.

March 19th, 2012, 2:22 am #5

Over the years Trumpeter has taken a beating because of the rivets they add to their kits......then modelers buy a rivet making tool made by them!

That's some funny shiite!

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! - Eleanor Roosevelt
Last edited by DaveRoof on March 19th, 2012, 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 19th, 2012, 2:28 am #6

I have one, it works great.

March 19th, 2012, 2:56 am #7

Over the years Trumpeter has taken a beating because of the rivets they add to their kits......then modelers buy a rivet making tool made by them!

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! - Eleanor Roosevelt
...I figured they were experts on the subject. Seriously, that's what I told the guys at the shop. They thought it was hilarious.

____________________________________________________________________________________

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them."
<font>

<font size="2" color="#808080">Mark Twain<font>

<font size="2" color="#808080">____________________________________________________________________________________

http://hyperscale.com/approachtonoderatingbg_1.htm
</font></font></font></font>

March 19th, 2012, 4:05 am #8

Bought the Trumpeter tool, didn't like it for either ergonomics of use or end result. Then got the Rivet-R and Mini Rivet-R tools and they're like the wonder tool of riveting for 72nd and 48th. And even better is that Radu then came out with a "corner" version of each tool for those spots that you just run out of room to get due to the circular shape of the tool heads.

March 19th, 2012, 4:38 am #9

thanks for your service.

March 19th, 2012, 11:54 am #10

Can't speak for the accuracy of the spacing - don't know about such things - but the tool itself works fine.

David's Model Pages

David's Model Pages on Facebook -https://www.facebook.com/modelscale