Has anyone ever heard...

Has anyone ever heard...

April 7th, 2012, 6:19 am #1

of an outfit called "Scobie-Do Productions"??

I believe they were a maker of resin after-market products.

Bill Shuey

April 7th, 2012, 6:29 am #2

Actually one man outfit would be more like it. He produced a couple of resin conversions. One was a 1/72nd RCN Avenger conversion for the Hasegawa kit I believe and another was a Sabre set but I cannot remember the Mark. Not sure of the status of these items but they may still be available.

Cheers
Chris

April 7th, 2012, 1:05 pm #3

Bill Shuey
ScobieDo Productions was an outfit run by Bill of Uncle Bill's Hobbies of Canada and they produced a couple of nice 48th conversions, including F-86 Narrow wing with slats and the 6-3 wing with slats, along with a number of 72nd conversions as well. However, they sold the remaining stock of these about a year or so ago (I know as I bought two of each IIRC). They are only available on the secondary market as far as I know. HTH,

Rick

P.S. If you wish to try to contact Bill (ScobieDo Productions), I have this email address, but I do not know if it is still functional:

scobiedoproductions AT sympatico DOT ca

April 7th, 2012, 8:10 pm #4

Bill Shuey
Hi Bill Scobie here for Scobie do productions I am a little slow at putting this out, but do to things beyond my control I have closed the shop. I have sold the F-86 wing masters to Red Roo Models. I dont know if they are back in production at this time.

I have no wing kits in stock but I still have some post war RCN Avenger kits in stock and when there gone there gone.

I am sorry I cant keep going had many things to do but that the way things go!

I would like to thank Bill Chappell at The Hobby Center in Ottawa for his support I my efforts. Thanks to ever one that pick up my kits and I hope they did what you wanted.

PS I am not Bill of Uncle Bills Hobbies.

Thanks Bill.

April 8th, 2012, 1:13 am #5

Bill,
I apologize for the confusion, I remember now that I confused you and Uncle Bill once before as well. My memory just isn't what it was 30 years ago!

Best,
Rick