Harrier Jet...who makes the....

December 16th, 2014, 4:32 pm #1

The last post of the Harrier is super great looking. CONGRAD's on the model !!!!!

Who makes a quality Harrier in 1/48 scale these days?

RJW
-----------

Depends...

December 16th, 2014, 4:38 pm #2

IMHO currently for a 1st generation Harrier you'll want the Monogram kit. The Sea Harrier, well for the FRS.1 you'll want the Airfix kit and for the FA.2, again Airfix. The Tamiya kits really don't compare well, IMHO, to the above mentioned kits.
For second generation the best currently available are the various marks from Hasegawa.
Kinetic is apparently coming out with some 2nd generation Harriers, but not sure what versions.

HTH
Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

"The more I deal with people, the more I like my dog."

Harrier options

December 16th, 2014, 6:16 pm #3

The last post of the Harrier is super great looking. CONGRAD's on the model !!!!!

RJW
-----------
For 1st generation, options are: Kinetic's new SHAR FA.2. It is very nice, and there are a few built up on the various modeling sites. I have one and it looks real nice in the box, definitely the best of the 1st gen moldings.

The FRS.1 (Falkland) Harrier may turn up from Kinetic but nothing is announced officially yet. This will be the one to get if it appears.

If you are impatient as I was, your only choice is Airfix or kit bash the Airfix/Monogram AV-8A.
The bash is my preference, I did WIPs on Z5 & BM. If you are interested to see how I got the final product have a look, it is not as hard as it seems.

2nd gen Harriers are well covered by Hasegawa.

Again the Kinetic Sea Harrier FA.2 is definitely a must do if you like Harriers. Personally I thought they should have done the FRS.1 first but I'll take the FA.2 too.

John

Harrier......thanks....

December 17th, 2014, 9:38 pm #4

Thanks guys for the data.....I'll go looking.

I have points available to use with my "amazon" card which is money to spend. All I do is access Amazon'a web the type in what I am looking for and up comes stuff.

Last time I did that I got me a new 1/24 scale 1998 Tamiya VW-Beetle which was 27 bucks + postage......all was free on my points.

I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

Again TIA.

Rodney
----------

Just bought.....

December 17th, 2014, 11:01 pm #5

RJW
-----------
the 1/48 scale Airfix "BAe Sea Harrier FRS 1" for a cost of USD$24.99 plus shipping @ 8+ dollars.

With my Amazon points I paid ZERO American dollars.

Item will arrive by December 26, 2014.......

go for the gold.......

Rodney
--------------

Links?

December 18th, 2014, 5:03 am #6

For 1st generation, options are: Kinetic's new SHAR FA.2. It is very nice, and there are a few built up on the various modeling sites. I have one and it looks real nice in the box, definitely the best of the 1st gen moldings.

The FRS.1 (Falkland) Harrier may turn up from Kinetic but nothing is announced officially yet. This will be the one to get if it appears.

If you are impatient as I was, your only choice is Airfix or kit bash the Airfix/Monogram AV-8A.
The bash is my preference, I did WIPs on Z5 & BM. If you are interested to see how I got the final product have a look, it is not as hard as it seems.

2nd gen Harriers are well covered by Hasegawa.

Again the Kinetic Sea Harrier FA.2 is definitely a must do if you like Harriers. Personally I thought they should have done the FRS.1 first but I'll take the FA.2 too.

John
John, could you post links to your build articles for the Sea Harrier?

Thanks,
Jim

Thanks! nt

December 18th, 2014, 8:00 pm #8

Thanks! nt