H-21 Shawnee, `Flying Banana`

H-21 Shawnee, `Flying Banana`

June 25th, 2012, 1:38 pm #1

Here`s my just completed, Special Hobby 1/48 scale, H-21 Flying Banana

Built from the French and German boxing (on special offer from Hannants, cheap skate me!)

with decals from the spares box

Added some extra bits of detail inside the tail and cockpit like pipes and collective levers

and have just managed to get the super glue and miniscule P.E. bits off the ends of my fingers

hope you enjoy

June 25th, 2012, 1:55 pm #2

...That is outstanding!

I love it!

I'm still looking to get one of those for my Vietnam helo collection myself.

Top notch detail work on the rotors and interior, but those external cargo cables, I think they really set it off!

Simply outstanding work all around Russ... Take a bow, you've earned a standing ovation!

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

June 25th, 2012, 2:18 pm #3

Much appreciated, Look forward to seeing yours when you get it !
Last edited by russ12 on June 25th, 2012, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm #4

Built from the French and German boxing (on special offer from Hannants, cheap skate me!)

Added some extra bits of detail inside the tail and cockpit like pipes and collective levers

and have just managed to get the super glue and miniscule P.E. bits off the ends of my fingers

hope you enjoy
nm

June 25th, 2012, 2:55 pm #5

hope you enjoy
and I bet this was a pig to fly! Good job.

June 25th, 2012, 3:00 pm #6

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don

June 25th, 2012, 3:02 pm #7

Much appreciated, Look forward to seeing yours when you get it !
First I have to find one, second, we just sold our house, and will be moving withing the next 3 weeks...

I think Fonderie Miniature did the H-21 as well as Special Hobby. I'l leventually get one

Semper Fi, Don
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don

June 25th, 2012, 3:54 pm #8

hope you enjoy
You nailed the color perfectly to my eyes! Very nice job on a rare subject!

Brandon

June 25th, 2012, 4:10 pm #9

hope you enjoy
Now it's almost attractive.

June 25th, 2012, 5:44 pm #10

hope you enjoy
that into helo models. Mike