Gypsy 203- END GAME

July 5th, 2018, 4:08 pm #11

Excellent build...! Those early Tomcats are the nicest of the family. I have built mine OOB almost and used the kit decals, best all around kit I have worked on soo far. Now I have the new -D in the mail...and the fingers start itching... ;-)

cheers
Uwe

July 6th, 2018, 4:40 pm #12

Thanks, Don.

Using acrylics and lacquers on this build have been a huge game-changer. Cannot say enough good things about Mr Color paints. More Navy stuff to come!!

-d-

July 6th, 2018, 4:49 pm #13

anj4de wrote: Excellent build...! Those early Tomcats are the nicest of the family. I have built mine OOB almost and used the kit decals, best all around kit I have worked on soo far. Now I have the new -D in the mail...and the fingers start itching... ;-)

cheers
Uwe
Thanks Uwe!

By all objective measures, the A+/C/D Tomcats are superior performers; i just cannot get excited about the paint schemes. Just ever so slightly more interesting than an F/A-18.

However, the -D release will be including a TARPS pod. I plan to buy at least one for that reason.

The 48th Tamiya F-14A model is a great kit, but it's up against a lot of competition. I will say however, that it's unquestionably the best Tomcat model out there, by far.

-d-