Great Customer Service from Ultracast

Great Customer Service from Ultracast

May 17th, 2012, 10:08 pm #1

I posted a question a few days ago asking about stronger casting resins due some prop blade distortion I was experiencing over time with finished kits. The props were from Ultracast and I was thinking along the lines of re-casting the blades with a different resin. Kevin from Ultracast saw the posting and immediately got in contact. I sent some pictures and we exchanged a couple of emails and as a result Ultracast is producing new patterns of heavier construction to eliminate future problems. To top things off, they are replacing mine at no cost as soon as the new molds are ready.

Kudos to Ultracast for excellent customer service and standing behind an already great product.

Rick in Virginia

May 17th, 2012, 10:34 pm #2

I've dealt with them (AKA Kevin) a couple of times and they (AKA he) has always been prompt and helpful.

Now if only someone would do an Accurate P47 Windscreen and canopy in 1/32 to fit the Trumpeter P47 D (Bubbletop)& N kits....(hint!)
One size fits all!

Brett

May 18th, 2012, 12:05 am #3

I posted a question a few days ago asking about stronger casting resins due some prop blade distortion I was experiencing over time with finished kits. The props were from Ultracast and I was thinking along the lines of re-casting the blades with a different resin. Kevin from Ultracast saw the posting and immediately got in contact. I sent some pictures and we exchanged a couple of emails and as a result Ultracast is producing new patterns of heavier construction to eliminate future problems. To top things off, they are replacing mine at no cost as soon as the new molds are ready.

Kudos to Ultracast for excellent customer service and standing behind an already great product.

Rick in Virginia
Funny, I have been using Kevin's products for years, especially his prop blades, and I haven't noticed any issues. Which prop blades did you use? Mine are mostly Spitfires. Good on you to be able to do this with Kevin.

Cheers

Brad

"Max Flex" The key to Naval Success

May 18th, 2012, 2:28 am #4

Rick in Virginia
Wow, that's great customer service! n/t

May 18th, 2012, 2:32 am #5

Rick in Virginia
n/t

May 18th, 2012, 6:33 am #6

Rick in Virginia
That doesn't seem very fair.

Just kidding! he said, throwing Smileys down like they were tear gas grenades!

Kevin is one of the good ones, man!

Happy Modelling! Roy
Visit my blog at:
http://barracudacals.blogspot.com

"What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger; Which is why they make straight jackets out of such sturdy material" Roy S.

May 18th, 2012, 11:25 am #7

the guy who can mix the exact shade of the real Olive Drab, has an authentic paint chip from Voss DrI cowling, can unfailingly pick out the yellow on any orthographic film and found the original tin of blue paint used on "Lou IV". :]