Got the word today that..

Got the word today that..

February 14th, 2012, 12:39 am #1

I start my new job this Monday (the 21st). I'll be a LAN Administrator at the new Hybrid Power Plant that's due to come on-line soon in St. Paul, VA. It's a 35 minute commute..

The pee test came back clean (no doubt there) and my background check cleared today. Even though I can never run for political office (my close friends have assured me unless they get Cabinet level positions, it ain't happenin') my background is more or less squeaky clean.

Counting my professering job at the College, I'm now working 1.25 jobs... LOL Mo money, mo money... Now to dig myself out of the hole I've been in for 2 and half years....

Man I hope this new venture turns out to be a permanent one....

Cheers,
Dave
Last edited by dgcantrell on February 14th, 2012, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 14th, 2012, 12:45 am #2

Congrats, Dave -- Best of Luck n/t

February 14th, 2012, 1:17 am #3

I start my new job this Monday (the 21st). I'll be a LAN Administrator at the new Hybrid Power Plant that's due to come on-line soon in St. Paul, VA. It's a 35 minute commute..

The pee test came back clean (no doubt there) and my background check cleared today. Even though I can never run for political office (my close friends have assured me unless they get Cabinet level positions, it ain't happenin') my background is more or less squeaky clean.

Counting my professering job at the College, I'm now working 1.25 jobs... LOL Mo money, mo money... Now to dig myself out of the hole I've been in for 2 and half years....

Cheers,
Dave
I was on the goverment vacation plan for about six months in 2008. I hate the feeling of "is this it?"

Very happy for you.

Steve

February 14th, 2012, 3:34 am #4

Cheers,
Dave
The cats will be expecting lobster more often....

I wish you much success!!

February 14th, 2012, 4:03 am #5

Cheers,
Dave
lkj

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!

February 14th, 2012, 4:10 am #6

Cheers,
Dave

It's only a hobby..it's only a hobby..it's -

February 14th, 2012, 4:48 am #7

Cheers,
Dave
I hear ya. I would go there with a very positive attitude and work my tail off. Eat lunch in less than 15 minutes and take on tough assignments. Always early, on time, clean cut and good to go, ready to launch (as they say in the USMC).

Now that you've been through the ringer, you are ready to move ahead. I wouldn't say much about the last two years. Tell people you were doing independent contracting and that's all they need to know.

February 14th, 2012, 4:48 am #8

Cheers,
Dave
Good luck on the new mission!

By the way, continuing to unburden is not such a bad idea either (!) if you still have the heart for it.

February 14th, 2012, 5:35 am #9

Cheers,
Dave

Mike

Semper Fidelis

Temecula Valley Model Club
"Haud Sceptrum, Haud Sentio, Haud Forsit

February 14th, 2012, 8:04 am #10

Cheers,
Dave
c