Good Guy Alert!

Good Guy Alert!

May 9th, 2012, 4:03 am #1

I just want to put out a public thank you to Dal Gavan of NSW Australia! A while back I'd asked a question about which Tamiya Beaufighter kit I needed to get for extended tail fairing for, essentially, converting Tamiya's Mk.VI kit to a Mk.X. Dal had the needed bits in his spares box and got them out to me (free of charge) within a couple of days. He mailed them May 30th and they arrived today!

Thanks again, Dal, you're one of the guys that makes HS a great place.

Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

"In this modern world of ours that spins as fast as these propellers do, if a man can cook, or fly, or play the guitar, he will be happy and never go hungry." "Where's Joe Merchant" Jimmy Buffet ©1992
Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

"The more I deal with people, the more I like my dog."

May 9th, 2012, 5:03 am #2

It's only a hobby..it's only a hobby..it's -

May 9th, 2012, 5:32 am #3

I just want to put out a public thank you to Dal Gavan of NSW Australia! A while back I'd asked a question about which Tamiya Beaufighter kit I needed to get for extended tail fairing for, essentially, converting Tamiya's Mk.VI kit to a Mk.X. Dal had the needed bits in his spares box and got them out to me (free of charge) within a couple of days. He mailed them May 30th and they arrived today!

Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

"In this modern world of ours that spins as fast as these propellers do, if a man can cook, or fly, or play the guitar, he will be happy and never go hungry." "Where's Joe Merchant" Jimmy Buffet ©1992
I've been meaning to give a shout out to Dal also for some decals that he sent to help out with Tamiya's 1/48 Mosquito FB MkVI. The kit had the right squadron code prefix, but the wrong aircraft code letter. Dal sent me his set of the kit squadron codes so that I could modify the appropriate letter for the particular aircraft I was modeling. And he has helped with a couple of other minor requests as well. A great guy!

May 9th, 2012, 12:57 pm #4

Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

.... he actually managed to get them to you from the future!

Jon Bius
www.agapemodels.com
Modeling with a Higher Purpose
Jon Bius
www.jonbius.com

May 9th, 2012, 2:44 pm #5

That's April 30th

Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

"The more I deal with people, the more I like my dog."

May 9th, 2012, 6:14 pm #6

I figured so.... just struck me funny.

Jon Bius
www.agapemodels.com
Modeling with a Higher Purpose
Jon Bius
www.jonbius.com