Golden Oldie Gladiator

Golden Oldie Gladiator

May 21st, 2012, 3:33 pm #1

This the very old original issue Inpact 1:48 Gloster Gladiator. It has also been re-released under the Pyro label as well as the Merit and IIRC Lindberg label.
Straight from the box, but the canopy parts were missing so I acquired a vacformed replacement which I believe is from a Falcon set.
Painted in Alclad Aluminium and using the original decals to finish her they performed exceptionally well considering they are 40-50yrs old.
I inherited this from my late Grandfathers stash.
Hope you like her!

May 21st, 2012, 3:45 pm #2

r

May 21st, 2012, 4:45 pm #3

This the very old original issue Inpact 1:48 Gloster Gladiator. It has also been re-released under the Pyro label as well as the Merit and IIRC Lindberg label.
Straight from the box, but the canopy parts were missing so I acquired a vacformed replacement which I believe is from a Falcon set.
Painted in Alclad Aluminium and using the original decals to finish her they performed exceptionally well considering they are 40-50yrs old.
Hope you like her!

Lovely sharp build; I like this a LOT!

Stuart

May 21st, 2012, 5:41 pm #4

Hope you like her!

The old Gladiator kit is just a good today as it was when it was first molded...some kits are just ageless wonders. You did a wonderful job on this oldie...looks great.

May 21st, 2012, 9:00 pm #5

Hope you like her!

May 22nd, 2012, 12:01 am #6

Hope you like her!

Great job on this very old model, very nice silver finish, I like it much.

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

May 22nd, 2012, 7:29 am #7

Hope you like her!

Looks great! Sometimes those 40 year old decals can really surprise you.

May 22nd, 2012, 1:56 pm #8

Hope you like her!

I remember this kit from when I was a kid... back then it was in the Life Like brand. The Merit kit may not be the same... The Bulldog and Fury are not the same tooling as the Inpact kits.

May 23rd, 2012, 4:47 pm #9

Hope you like her!

Lovely job on this golden oldie!