Gloster Meteor

Gloster Meteor

February 12th, 2012, 3:29 am #1

Gloster Meteor
February 11 2012 at 6:23 PM Alexander Safarik (Login malydilnar)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 24.16.44.83

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An amazing kit flawed by my difficulties to build one plane without screwing up :/ While I was building this amazing 1/72 Cyber Hobby Gloster Meteor, The weights that I installed into the front of the plane descided to unglue themselves and attach them selves to the back of the plane. Long story short, shes a tail sitter. Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied with how she turned out. The detail is very good, and if it wasn't for my inability to photograph anything, I could show all of that detail off. The decals were the best I've ever used and the kit is littered in petite panel lines and rivets. The ailerons, elevators, rudder, flaps, and four airbrakes are all posable. The canopies are very clear and although the landing gear is kinda tricky, I think I handeled it well. I wanted to keep her pretty clean, so I didn't do any really hard wethering.

With highschool in full swing she took me about three weaks to finnish. and before anyone mentions it, yes, I forgot the pitot tube :/

February 12th, 2012, 3:11 pm #2

It's the first I've seen built. Definitely on my " Want " list, now.

I'm not a plastic kit builder. I'm a styrene butcher.
I'm not a kit builder. I'm a styrene butcher.

February 12th, 2012, 6:17 pm #3

Gloster Meteor
HyperScale Forums

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An amazing kit flawed by my difficulties to build one plane without screwing up :/ While I was building this amazing 1/72 Cyber Hobby Gloster Meteor, The weights that I installed into the front of the plane descided to unglue themselves and attach them selves to the back of the plane. Long story short, shes a tail sitter. Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied with how she turned out. The detail is very good, and if it wasn't for my inability to photograph anything, I could show all of that detail off. The decals were the best I've ever used and the kit is littered in petite panel lines and rivets. The ailerons, elevators, rudder, flaps, and four airbrakes are all posable. The canopies are very clear and although the landing gear is kinda tricky, I think I handeled it well. I wanted to keep her pretty clean, so I didn't do any really hard wethering.

With highschool in full swing she took me about three weaks to finnish. and before anyone mentions it, yes, I forgot the pitot tube :/

I think you have nailed that white scheme quite well - I have seen a few in smooth almost airliner-like white, and that doesn't look authentic. Yours does!

February 12th, 2012, 6:55 pm #4

Thanks

February 12th, 2012, 9:02 pm #5

Gloster Meteor
HyperScale Forums

I'm also impressed that you finished it in such a short time!

Best
Chuck

February 12th, 2012, 11:09 pm #6

Gloster Meteor
HyperScale Forums

Your white scheme sure looks great Alexander, not an easy colour to paint, nor airbrush - as I have discovered lately, but yours seems pretty flawless, and I agree on the weathering, I think these birds were looked after so they were not very dirty

I have heared many things about the Dragon/Cyberhobby Meteor - and if I can find one at a reasonable price, I think I will buy it, to see all that detail for myself - and all these poseable items

Too bad about the nose weight - but it's not the end of the world

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / previous builds on HS : Plastic Stories

1/72 - A-Model - Yak-1 : Part I

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

February 12th, 2012, 11:43 pm #7

I used tamiya flat white, as it is probably the easiest and probably best white to use. You can find this kit for a pretty reasonable pice at towerhobbies a month back, but it seems they don't have the mk.3 in stockat the moment, only the mk.1 which, if I remmember correctly, was about 8$ more expensive.

February 12th, 2012, 11:44 pm #8

I'm also impressed that you finished it in such a short time!

Best
Chuck
Usually these kits take me like a month, but this one went by pretty quickly

February 12th, 2012, 11:45 pm #9

It's the first I've seen built. Definitely on my " Want " list, now.

I'm not a plastic kit builder. I'm a styrene butcher.
The fit is excellent, all around

February 13th, 2012, 6:54 pm #10

Gloster Meteor
HyperScale Forums

Looks great with all the 'stuff' hanging down! Excellent finish, too!
Best...Ted...

Current Build:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2; Mad About Migs Pt. 3; Mad About Migs Pt. 4; Mad About Migs Pt. 5; Mad About Migs Pt. 6; Mad About Migs Pt. 7; Mad About Migs Pt. 8; Mad About Migs Finish

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish