Galland ME109E....Be forewarned!

Galland ME109E....Be forewarned!

April 5th, 2012, 10:19 pm #1

As a relief from the ME410 just completed and the Hobby Boss F105 I am working on (yeeesh, what a project!) I finished this Hasegawa 1/48th initial release ME109E Galland before they "corrected" the fuselage. I did minimal aftermarket updates in the form of True Details wheels. I added brake lines (thanks again Mike for the photos), rudder cables, drilled and filed open the closed oil cooler exit and small cooling opening just behind spinner on bottom cowl. I know his aircraft have been done to death but I first found out about Galland through an article in American Modeler magazine in 1961 when I was 13. Later read "The first and the Last" and other articles, books, TV shows and videos and found Galland an interesting character to say the least. I had built one of these kits in 1993 but lost it in the Northridge Earthquake in 1994 along with most of the others I had at the office. Decided it was time to build another before the Eduard and Dragon 1/48th kits made all the Hasegawa ME109Es in the stash attic insulation. Not totally accurate but fun! Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Ronsky on April 5th, 2012, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 5th, 2012, 11:02 pm #2

Beautiful!

April 5th, 2012, 11:35 pm #3

That is very nice indeed.

Cheer's,
Jeff.

April 5th, 2012, 11:42 pm #4

As a relief from the ME410 just completed and the Hobby Boss F105 I am working on (yeeesh, what a project!) I finished this Hasegawa 1/48th initial release ME109E Galland before they "corrected" the fuselage. I did minimal aftermarket updates in the form of True Details wheels. I added brake lines (thanks again Mike for the photos), rudder cables, drilled and filed open the closed oil cooler exit and small cooling opening just behind spinner on bottom cowl. I know his aircraft have been done to death but I first found out about Galland through an article in American Modeler magazine in 1961 when I was 13. Later read "The first and the Last" and other articles, books, TV shows and videos and found Galland an interesting character to say the least. I had built one of these kits in 1993 but lost it in the Northridge Earthquake in 1994 along with most of the others I had at the office. Decided it was time to build another before the Eduard and Dragon 1/48th kits made all the Hasegawa ME109Es in the stash attic insulation. Not totally accurate but fun! Thanks for looking.

r

April 5th, 2012, 11:49 pm #5

April 6th, 2012, 12:36 am #6

Ron, that is just spectacular... it really is. Yes, it's not the most accurate one on the market, but it still builds up pretty nice and with proper care, it comes out really nice- just like this one.

Well done!

Lynn

"History is not 'was', it 'is'." - William Faulkner

April 6th, 2012, 2:01 am #7

Beautiful!
Thank You very much Simon! n/t

April 6th, 2012, 2:01 am #8

That is very nice indeed.

Cheer's,
Jeff.
Appreciate the kind words Jeff n/t

April 6th, 2012, 2:03 am #9