GAGB - my TBD-1 Devastator (in-progress)

GAGB - my TBD-1 Devastator (in-progress)

December 9th, 2016, 7:55 am #1

It's been in-progress for 10 days, so what I'm presenting was done at Warp-speed (for me).
It is the Airfix kit. I saw it for $5, and I was seduced by the colours.

upload a gif
The corrugations lined-up BRILLIANTLY, and I added just a little detail in wing-fold area. I'll be doing it with the wingtips fold (just for a point of interest).
George (in Oz), out..........
Last edited by George_Oh on December 9th, 2016, 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gorgeous!

December 9th, 2016, 8:51 am #2

Gorgeous!
Cheers,
Mark

Yummo David - what's not to love about yellow wings? n/t

December 9th, 2016, 9:52 am #3

It's been in-progress for 10 days, so what I'm presenting was done at Warp-speed (for me).

upload a gif
The corrugations lined-up BRILLIANTLY, and I added just a little detail in wing-fold area. I'll be doing it with the wingtips fold (just for a point of interest).
Yummo David - what's not to love about yellow wings? n/t

Good idea

December 9th, 2016, 10:51 am #4

upload a gif
... to fold the wings. It's nigh impossible to get a smooth wing surface otherwise.

As a bonus, it also helps take the focus of the fairly ordinary transparenices on that kit. It will be a nice and colourful model when you're done.

Cheers,

Andrew

I'll follow this with great interest

December 9th, 2016, 4:56 pm #5

upload a gif
please keep posting photos!!!