Fury Taking Shape!!!

Fury Taking Shape!!!

August 30th, 2009, 9:32 pm #1

Well I am back after a week and a half stay out on the Truman for a CQ Det for our students here at Kingsville. What a ride it was the first couple of days with that hurricane out and about. Yehawwww!! Well atleast we didn't have Russian subs playing cat and mouse with us like the CQ I worked last month out on the Carl Vincent!!! What the heck the cat shot makes it all worth it. Here are a couple of images I took on the morning right before FOD walk on the last day out!

I spent a little time on the Fury once I got back. I opted not to stencil it for I was hesitant about using those old decals off the sheet. I figure this isn't really an accurate Fj-3 so I will just have some fun with it, and it will give the general look of the Fury for my Jolly Rogers Lineage build. Here is where I am at after my last post in which I had to totally strip off all of the paint and re-do it. I am pretty happy with the results and like the new look with the nice gloss finish!

Hopefuly I will have this one done soon so that I can get back on that -4 Corsair. Thanks for looking.

Brandon

August 30th, 2009, 10:50 pm #2

Looking Great so far.Who's the manufacturer of that kit.

Brandon
Brandon

August 30th, 2009, 11:38 pm #3

Not very accurate, but a fun kit with decent fit, and nice surface detail.

Brandon

August 30th, 2009, 11:46 pm #4

Well I am back after a week and a half stay out on the Truman for a CQ Det for our students here at Kingsville. What a ride it was the first couple of days with that hurricane out and about. Yehawwww!! Well atleast we didn't have Russian subs playing cat and mouse with us like the CQ I worked last month out on the Carl Vincent!!! What the heck the cat shot makes it all worth it. Here are a couple of images I took on the morning right before FOD walk on the last day out!

I spent a little time on the Fury once I got back. I opted not to stencil it for I was hesitant about using those old decals off the sheet. I figure this isn't really an accurate Fj-3 so I will just have some fun with it, and it will give the general look of the Fury for my Jolly Rogers Lineage build. Here is where I am at after my last post in which I had to totally strip off all of the paint and re-do it. I am pretty happy with the results and like the new look with the nice gloss finish!

Hopefuly I will have this one done soon so that I can get back on that -4 Corsair. Thanks for looking.

Brandon
... That finish looks fantastic!

So do the markings!

Can't wait to see her done. I may have to break mine out and start it...

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

August 31st, 2009, 12:26 am #5

Brandon
All your work was well worth it .. she's gonna be beautiful! I love the blue! Thanks for the "work" pics. awesome. Tom

Brandon
Brandon

August 31st, 2009, 12:57 am #6

... That finish looks fantastic!

So do the markings!

Can't wait to see her done. I may have to break mine out and start it...

Semper Fi, Don
Yea I am pretty happy with it so far, even with the re-do!

Brandon

Brandon
Brandon

August 31st, 2009, 12:59 am #7

All your work was well worth it .. she's gonna be beautiful! I love the blue! Thanks for the "work" pics. awesome. Tom
80% Tamiya Sea Blue and 20% Tamiya Royal Blue to take the blackness out of it.

Brandon

August 31st, 2009, 12:55 pm #8

Brandon
Love your paintwork, the finish looks immaculate.

August 31st, 2009, 2:10 pm #9

Brandon
that's going to be a corker

cheers gk

August 31st, 2009, 3:23 pm #10

Brandon
nm