"Funky" '49 Merc update...

"Funky" '49 Merc update...

January 29th, 2012, 1:07 am #1

Color coat applied, engine paint & detail in progress, wheels painted the same Alclad dark aluminum as the bumpers/grille. Need to paint & detail the interior, chassis, etc.

While I was prepping for paint I realized my kit came without the dash (Doh!), so I contacted Revell to obtain a replacement.

More to come...

Mathias
Monterey, California

January 29th, 2012, 1:58 am #2

...Testors Mythic Maroon, would it? Looks very similar to the color I laid on my recent '67 Vette project.

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

We will march on a road of bones. --Hunter S. Thompson.

Sat Cong!

January 29th, 2012, 4:06 am #3

Color coat applied, engine paint & detail in progress, wheels painted the same Alclad dark aluminum as the bumpers/grille. Need to paint & detail the interior, chassis, etc.

While I was prepping for paint I realized my kit came without the dash (Doh!), so I contacted Revell to obtain a replacement.

More to come...

Mathias
Monterey, California
like your on to a great build. Very nice. I really like your detaling on the flathead.

California Steve
Last edited by steven9 on January 29th, 2012, 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 29th, 2012, 12:48 pm #4

...Testors Mythic Maroon, would it? Looks very similar to the color I laid on my recent '67 Vette project.

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

Sat Cong!
Testors Root Beer laquer from the can.

January 29th, 2012, 7:30 pm #5

More to come...

Mathias
Monterey, California
Just a few shots with the wheels. May have to see how the rear ride height is with the interior tub in place. Don't want it to be a tail-dragger...

Will be spraying the clear coat today as we have another beautiful clear day in the high 60's!

Mathias
Monterey, California

January 29th, 2012, 7:57 pm #6

--actively dislike them, in fact--but I must say that I kinda like where you're going with this one. From me, that's high praise!

Sat Cong!

January 30th, 2012, 2:34 am #7

More to come...

Mathias
Monterey, California

Mathias

January 31st, 2012, 3:02 am #8

More to come...

Mathias
Monterey, California
Chassis complete. Next stop, the interior!

Mathias
Monterey, California

February 1st, 2012, 2:53 am #9

Nice fit, looks great! Steve.. n/t