Frenchie 190, NC.900

Frenchie 190, NC.900

July 29th, 2012, 3:12 am #1

Ok it's different. Here is my SNAC NC.900, Eduard's FW 190 A5 out of the box with decals from PT Decal's sheet PT4802.
The surface detail on Eduard's kit is just fantastic, the perfect canvas for my first use of the AK streaking grime.

These a/c looked unloved so the AK grime for green vehicles was used. I need some more practice with this stuff but it sure has found a place on my work bench. It's just too useful to leave it just for the armour guys.

Some say these a/c were blue, but from the pics I have seen they look like they have just had a over spray with some sort of green. Decals say RLM 70 or 71. But as a test of the AK stuff I used a light green and darkened it with the AK product.
This a/c was and A 5 so it was most likely a repaired airframe and not a new build. I am sceptical about just how much of the so called new build NC.900 were new or just recycled airframes.
Either way they were not well liked by GCIII/5 Normandie-Nieman, I wonder why! They appear not to have any antenna, either on top or the lower wing mounted moraine antenna.
Comments and opinion welcomed. Anyone have anymore pics of these ac would love to see them.

Cheers
James

Last edited by Captoz on July 29th, 2012, 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 29th, 2012, 5:36 am #2

Apparently most of these planes were equipped with engines manufactured during the occupation. The hired helps' hearts were just not in their work (wonder why) and improperly heat treated components (piston rings, blocked oil passages) resulted in engines seizing up on a regular basis. So nice to see these scheme modeled, and so well.
Last edited by callsign on July 29th, 2012, 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 29th, 2012, 5:43 am #3

Ok it's different. Here is my SNAC NC.900, Eduard's FW 190 A5 out of the box with decals from PT Decal's sheet PT4802.
The surface detail on Eduard's kit is just fantastic, the perfect canvas for my first use of the AK streaking grime.

These a/c looked unloved so the AK grime for green vehicles was used. I need some more practice with this stuff but it sure has found a place on my work bench. It's just too useful to leave it just for the armour guys.

Some say these a/c were blue, but from the pics I have seen they look like they have just had a over spray with some sort of green. Decals say RLM 70 or 71. But as a test of the AK stuff I used a light green and darkened it with the AK product.
This a/c was and A 5 so it was most likely a repaired airframe and not a new build. I am sceptical about just how much of the so called new build NC.900 were new or just recycled airframes.
Either way they were not well liked by GCIII/5 Normandie-Nieman, I wonder why! They appear not to have any antenna, either on top or the lower wing mounted moraine antenna.
Comments and opinion welcomed. Anyone have anymore pics of these ac would love to see them.

Cheers
James

nm

July 29th, 2012, 6:10 am #4

Apparently most of these planes were equipped with engines manufactured during the occupation. The hired helps' hearts were just not in their work (wonder why) and improperly heat treated components (piston rings, blocked oil passages) resulted in engines seizing up on a regular basis. So nice to see these scheme modeled, and so well.
I would have thought that because the engines were made in France they would have aware of this at the time though.

Cheers
J

July 29th, 2012, 6:11 am #5

nm
Thanks Darren

July 29th, 2012, 8:38 am #6

Cheers
James

very nice work on a not so easy kit!

July 29th, 2012, 8:57 am #7

Cheers
James

For twenty five years I've been threatening to build a French 190 and I'm so glad someone has done it. You've done a great job there and the roundels really set her off. Well done Sir.

July 29th, 2012, 10:30 am #8

very nice work on a not so easy kit!
The kit is not that bad. Easyer than the old Dragon kits.
Last edited by Captoz on July 29th, 2012, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 29th, 2012, 10:31 am #9

For twenty five years I've been threatening to build a French 190 and I'm so glad someone has done it. You've done a great job there and the roundels really set her off. Well done Sir.
Maybe it's time you gave one a go......

July 29th, 2012, 2:16 pm #10

Cheers
James

Nice 190 James. Well done.

Q

http://dqscaleworks.blogspot.com/