Four Gnats....

Four Gnats....

April 1st, 2012, 6:12 am #1

Post number three.. and last for the moment!

The LHS got in stock the new Airfix Gnat (they still have some in stock), a mate (Peter Mitchell) kindly picked these up on my behalf recently btw the LHS is located in the suburb of Hornsby here in Sydney and keeps a good range of kits. Some of the Gnats are for fellow Airfix forum poster Graham Carter. It is a beautiful kit absolute dynamite of a kit - well done Airfix!!!

Peter is a Airfix Forum fan who is looking to join our happy band in the future, he is a very good modeller and has been building an Airfix Boomerang and Airfix Hurricane for this eventual happening.

Yes that is my modelling desk.. taken while working on the Hurricane.. empty Marmite jars make excellent containers for turps.. just don't get confused when making a sandwich..

April 1st, 2012, 6:28 am #2

For non-Aussie HSers - I live 200 km from SImon and he has my Gnats!! But I will get them on the 14th April..... yummy..

April 1st, 2012, 7:35 am #3

The LHS got in stock the new Airfix Gnat (they still have some in stock), a mate (Peter Mitchell) kindly picked these up on my behalf recently btw the LHS is located in the suburb of Hornsby here in Sydney and keeps a good range of kits. Some of the Gnats are for fellow Airfix forum poster Graham Carter. It is a beautiful kit absolute dynamite of a kit - well done Airfix!!!

Peter is a Airfix Forum fan who is looking to join our happy band in the future, he is a very good modeller and has been building an Airfix Boomerang and Airfix Hurricane for this eventual happening.

Yes that is my modelling desk.. taken while working on the Hurricane.. empty Marmite jars make excellent containers for turps.. just don't get confused when making a sandwich..
I use empty Rosella chutney jars, n/t

April 1st, 2012, 7:45 am #4

And if you did get confused about the jars when making a sandwich, how would you know?

Stuart

April 1st, 2012, 7:45 am #5

I store mine in a Dorito Salsa jar!! n/t

April 1st, 2012, 8:46 am #6

(Marmite fan)

Neil

If you wake up in the morning feeling like you've had it, be grateful.

http://www.neilscrim.co.uk

April 1st, 2012, 9:28 am #7

For non-Aussie HSers - I live 200 km from SImon and he has my Gnats!! But I will get them on the 14th April..... yummy..
Unless I hold them for ransom.. delivery charge.. GST..

April 1st, 2012, 9:29 am #8

(Marmite fan)

Neil

If you wake up in the morning feeling like you've had it, be grateful.

http://www.neilscrim.co.uk
Lord no... dark thick congealed stuff .. hmm wait a minute..
Last edited by Slywolff on April 1st, 2012, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 1st, 2012, 9:30 am #9

And if you did get confused about the jars when making a sandwich, how would you know?

Stuart
Be nice........okay so it looks like axle grease..
Last edited by Slywolff on April 1st, 2012, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 1st, 2012, 10:34 am #10

I remember standing next to a Gnat at a County show in Norwich in the late 60's as a diminutive 12 Year old. I I did not have to look up at it, they were a small plane.

Could have several colour options with this one

Fred