Fokker TV Wheels and Windows...

Fokker TV Wheels and Windows...

Dan Smith
Dan Smith

September 24th, 2011, 8:09 pm #1

All,

I did a little work on the Fokker TV(ac!). I cleaned up the oleo struts and made a fixture for them in their nacelles. They fit great and will only take a little tweaking to be the same depth etc. I also, stupidly, waited until now to open some fuselage windows. So far, I've been lucky and have not destroyed anything inside. I'll know to do that first next time!

More soon. This thing is practically ready to prime and paint.

Cheers.

September 24th, 2011, 9:10 pm #2

There must be something in the air up there in the north west - you are sailing through this kit like it is... well some kind of snaptite kit, and I'm here already fiddling with a new tool Airfix Spitfire for almost 3 months !

But great work, I never expected this vac Fokker to be so cooperative - it's looking great Dan, and cutting out the windows in the fuselage seem to have worked fine

Good show !

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / past builds on HS : Plastic Stories

1/72 - Airfix - Spitfre PR.XIX : Part I (incl Flying Legends 2011 show report) - Part II - Part III - Part IV (incl. Pilsenkit 2011 show report pt.1)
1/72 - AGA - Polikarpov I-3 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part IV
1/72 - KP - MiG-15 UTI : Part I - Part II (incl. Pilsenkit 2011 show report pt.2)

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

September 25th, 2011, 12:59 am #3

All,

I did a little work on the Fokker TV(ac!). I cleaned up the oleo struts and made a fixture for them in their nacelles. They fit great and will only take a little tweaking to be the same depth etc. I also, stupidly, waited until now to open some fuselage windows. So far, I've been lucky and have not destroyed anything inside. I'll know to do that first next time!

Cheers.
G'day Dan,

The Fokker is moving a-long there Dan. Must be a lot to clean up and think about the structural issues. I remember building my first VAC and the dang wing crushed on me. Such is life...........I look forward to more posts.

PHIL

September 25th, 2011, 1:01 am #4

All,

Cheers.
you are having lots of fun with this, and it really shows.

Looking forward to paint.

Cheers
Jim