Flogger anyone (photo)?

Flogger anyone (photo)?

April 12th, 2012, 6:25 pm #1

At the Evergreen Air and Space Museum. A very nice job on the restoration of this MiG-23 (ex-East German Luftwaffe).

It is better to be the stomper rather than the stompee!
It is better to be the Stomper rather than the Stompee!

April 12th, 2012, 6:29 pm #2

Flogger? I hardly know her..... ;-)

April 12th, 2012, 7:15 pm #3

At the Evergreen Air and Space Museum. A very nice job on the restoration of this MiG-23 (ex-East German Luftwaffe).

...I can see the Redhawks are well represented here! Now you've gone and done it. I'm gonna be in PDX in a couple of weeks over my birthday. Guess I know where I'll have to go while there!

Will take photos while there and post what I take if anyone is interested!

Cheers

Rich

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In memory of Thomas E. Myers
Chief Know-it-all & Part-time Churl
(1961-2008)

"Now go build something!" --Thom Myers

April 12th, 2012, 10:50 pm #4

sit in a Flogger indoors, as did this curmudgeon on a quiet Fall afternoon, all by hissef, about five years ago. And, right next to it is a nicely preserved Fulcrum in which you can also sit. They're both at the Red Flag Intel. Museum. Before you go, you might want to call and check if you need a military ID card--naturally, things really tighened up post-9/11--or if you can just sign in with a D.L. The Flogger is a tight fit--I was used to the relative commodious accommodations in our Romeo Fox Four and Vark cockpits, plus back in the 70s I was about sixty pounds lighter! I know you understand.

Phil
Last edited by bondo455 on April 12th, 2012, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 12th, 2012, 10:55 pm #5

...I can see the Redhawks are well represented here! Now you've gone and done it. I'm gonna be in PDX in a couple of weeks over my birthday. Guess I know where I'll have to go while there!

Will take photos while there and post what I take if anyone is interested!

Cheers

Rich

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In memory of Thomas E. Myers
Chief Know-it-all & Part-time Churl
(1961-2008)

"Now go build something!" --Thom Myers
That MiG really is something, and you can walk right up to it, try and read the instructions in the main gear wells, etc.

If you're visiting, it might be relevant that the MiG-23 is actually in the space museum. They've got so many planes they've had to put them everywhere. You can see in the photo that they've got the F-4 and F-15 there, too. I think along with the F-104 and SR-71.

What a place. HTH.

Erik

April 12th, 2012, 11:25 pm #6

Posted before, but my favorite photo of the Flogger, hands down.

M.

It's good to have a friend here at my shoulder with a little time to spend, til I find love again -F. C. Collins W. C. Bickhardt

April 13th, 2012, 12:38 am #7

sit in a Flogger indoors, as did this curmudgeon on a quiet Fall afternoon, all by hissef, about five years ago. And, right next to it is a nicely preserved Fulcrum in which you can also sit. They're both at the Red Flag Intel. Museum. Before you go, you might want to call and check if you need a military ID card--naturally, things really tighened up post-9/11--or if you can just sign in with a D.L. The Flogger is a tight fit--I was used to the relative commodious accommodations in our Romeo Fox Four and Vark cockpits, plus back in the 70s I was about sixty pounds lighter! I know you understand.

Phil
Back in the 80's I always looked forward to a TDY to Red Flag so I could visit the petting zoo. Of course, back in those days there was no MiG-29, but way cool none-the-less.

April 13th, 2012, 2:08 am #8

back in the 90s when I was stationed there and again more recently, when TDY for Red Flag this past Jan-Feb.

Up close, there's nothing precision about the two!

"I am a "Realist". I see and call things as they are, not how I want them to be."

April 13th, 2012, 2:09 am #9

we crawled all over in and a few other MiGs.

"I am a "Realist". I see and call things as they are, not how I want them to be."