firefly Pt3

firefly Pt3

July 2nd, 2012, 9:20 am #1

As I have been working on the resin bits and waiting for the stuff to set off I have been adding to the fuselage detail, as you can see the moulding for the new exhausts worked ( it took a couple of goes ),it is all a learning process.

Fuselage port side, the T.5 had 2 external cable channels ( 1 to port and 1 to Starboard ) I have guestimated the size and position off photo's.as you may have noticed I've also been rescribing some panel lines and details. Not my favourite pastime, we shall have to see how it paints up before I can say it is worth the effort.

The fuselage was about 1.5mm short on length and from the plans I had to hand the shortfall appeared to be at the front of the cowling so I have added 2 discs of placticard to the front , cut in an added a new intake lip to put back the 'grin', sanded and shaped to more closely match the photos very kindly provided by Dannielle and Simon. The progress has been steady so far but will slow down as it gets to casting the other bits I hope to use to dress this Fairey up. My aplogies for poor quality photo's, the digital I have is a little antiquated and is not so adept at macro shots.

July 2nd, 2012, 9:35 am #2

nicely It's a pain when your camera focusses on your gnarly hand rather than the Firefly smile!
The deeper fuselage looks the part.

July 2nd, 2012, 9:45 am #3

As I have been working on the resin bits and waiting for the stuff to set off I have been adding to the fuselage detail, as you can see the moulding for the new exhausts worked ( it took a couple of goes ),it is all a learning process.

Fuselage port side, the T.5 had 2 external cable channels ( 1 to port and 1 to Starboard ) I have guestimated the size and position off photo's.as you may have noticed I've also been rescribing some panel lines and details. Not my favourite pastime, we shall have to see how it paints up before I can say it is worth the effort.

The fuselage was about 1.5mm short on length and from the plans I had to hand the shortfall appeared to be at the front of the cowling so I have added 2 discs of placticard to the front , cut in an added a new intake lip to put back the 'grin', sanded and shaped to more closely match the photos very kindly provided by Dannielle and Simon. The progress has been steady so far but will slow down as it gets to casting the other bits I hope to use to dress this Fairey up. My aplogies for poor quality photo's, the digital I have is a little antiquated and is not so adept at macro shots.
I'm getting a sense of déjà vu, it reminds me of all that extra work and plastic that ended up in Adrian's IL2.

Neil

If you wake up in the morning feeling like you've had it, be grateful.

http://www.neilscrim.co.uk

July 2nd, 2012, 12:12 pm #4

Nice work ....... nt

July 3rd, 2012, 2:54 pm #5

Very nice work indeed.

Cheers, Vic

July 4th, 2012, 7:16 am #6

keep going and you will get a great model
Cheers
Luigi