Finished---M4 High Speed tractor and Long Tom gun

Finished---M4 High Speed tractor and Long Tom gun

February 17th, 2008, 7:05 am #1

A few days ago I posted a couple of photos before it was finished. One guy ask for more pics so now that it is finished, here are a few more. The kit is Hobby Boss's M4 High Speed tractor and AFV Club's Long Tom gun. Both are basicly out of the box except for the brake lines on the gun and air hoses to connect to the tractor. Hobby Boss gives you string for the cable and I got rid of that and made my own by chucking three strands of fine wire in my Dremel tool and turning in on low speed. The canvas cover over the ammo bins is tissue paper soaked in a diluted mix of white glue and water and then painted. The crew figures are from Tamiya and modified to sitting positions and to fit inside the tractor. I hope you like it. Some time in the future I plan to make a base to mount it on but for now that's it. As I don't usually build armor but mostly aircraft, I cannot be held responsible for any flaws or mistakes.

On to the photos.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Last edited by garyn307 on February 17th, 2008, 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 17th, 2008, 8:30 am #2

was the tractor based on the Honey/Stuart light tank?
thanks and regards Rob

February 17th, 2008, 1:44 pm #3

A few days ago I posted a couple of photos before it was finished. One guy ask for more pics so now that it is finished, here are a few more. The kit is Hobby Boss's M4 High Speed tractor and AFV Club's Long Tom gun. Both are basicly out of the box except for the brake lines on the gun and air hoses to connect to the tractor. Hobby Boss gives you string for the cable and I got rid of that and made my own by chucking three strands of fine wire in my Dremel tool and turning in on low speed. The canvas cover over the ammo bins is tissue paper soaked in a diluted mix of white glue and water and then painted. The crew figures are from Tamiya and modified to sitting positions and to fit inside the tractor. I hope you like it. Some time in the future I plan to make a base to mount it on but for now that's it. As I don't usually build armor but mostly aircraft, I cannot be held responsible for any flaws or mistakes.

On to the photos.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Both models are beautifuly done, very nice paint and weathering work too.
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

February 17th, 2008, 6:23 pm #4

On to the photos.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Thanks for posting your pics, I hope to get the HB M-4 HST in the very near future. Your build shows it can be built into a great looking model. I'll probably have it towing the 8" Howitzer. Great build. Don M.

February 17th, 2008, 9:57 pm #5

On to the photos.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Hi Gary.

I see that you're very versatile. Beautiful job!

Lou