Fine Molds 1/48th D4Y3 Judy

Fine Molds 1/48th D4Y3 Judy

March 9th, 2011, 9:35 pm #1

Mostly a good kit; no serious pain involved in the build but not a "shake n' paint" model either. Wing roots took more work than usual, masking the greenhouse with Tamiya tape was tedious (who needs pre-cut masks?), and the decals were tough to work with. Pre-shaded with black, painted with MM enamels using varying lightened shades of the base colors, oil wash in the panel lines, paint chips done with a silver pencil and further weathering done with pastel chalk and Tamiya weathering stuff. I didn't go too heavy on the weathering figuring every super-chipped and weathered Japanese aircraft you see had to pass through a stage like this first.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

March 9th, 2011, 9:39 pm #2

well done Chip!

March 9th, 2011, 9:52 pm #3

Thanks.....now get back to work!!!

March 9th, 2011, 10:23 pm #4

Mostly a good kit; no serious pain involved in the build but not a "shake n' paint" model either. Wing roots took more work than usual, masking the greenhouse with Tamiya tape was tedious (who needs pre-cut masks?), and the decals were tough to work with. Pre-shaded with black, painted with MM enamels using varying lightened shades of the base colors, oil wash in the panel lines, paint chips done with a silver pencil and further weathering done with pastel chalk and Tamiya weathering stuff. I didn't go too heavy on the weathering figuring every super-chipped and weathered Japanese aircraft you see had to pass through a stage like this first.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
....nice job on the shading and decalling .... love the tail surfaces. Tom

March 9th, 2011, 10:29 pm #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Charles

March 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm #6

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Beautiful work!!!

March 10th, 2011, 12:34 am #7

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
I've built the inline Judy and have that one in the stash. Hope I can build it to your level. Sweet Judy!

March 10th, 2011, 12:58 am #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
I like the weathering a lot.I think it represents an operational aircraft better than the over done ones..........Paul

March 10th, 2011, 1:43 am #9

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
That looks great!!

Brandon

March 10th, 2011, 3:50 am #10

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Beautifuly done , awesome paint and weathering.

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be