Finally picked up a Ventura, woohoo! Anyone do a B-34 nose for it yet?

Finally picked up a Ventura, woohoo! Anyone do a B-34 nose for it yet?

May 12th, 2012, 3:03 pm #1

I thought I heard rumbles that someone was working on the bomber nose version, but maybe I'm imagining things. If I can't do a B-34 out of this one, I'll just track down a PV-1 unit based here in Norfolk and do one of those.

Lynn

"History is not 'was', it 'is'." - William Faulkner

May 12th, 2012, 3:55 pm #2

It is a fun kit. I built mine without any issues, but I did buy Mike West's tires and exhausts, and found a close analog prop set. The bomb bay doors fit very well closed, incidentally. I think some folks have just not been careful there.

The concentration of wealth means the proliferation of misery.

May 12th, 2012, 5:21 pm #3

I thought I heard rumbles that someone was working on the bomber nose version, but maybe I'm imagining things. If I can't do a B-34 out of this one, I'll just track down a PV-1 unit based here in Norfolk and do one of those.

Lynn

Greetings Lynn!

While I haven't picked up a Ventura yet and do hope to soon, I have starting putting paint on the Eduard 1/46th Emil. Gorgeous kit!

Have you by any chance started one yet?

Cheers,

Jamie

May 12th, 2012, 6:19 pm #4

Lynn

be forth coming from Revell...you're gonna enjoy building this one.......

Keep your Sprues Empty

May 12th, 2012, 8:57 pm #5

Greetings Lynn!

While I haven't picked up a Ventura yet and do hope to soon, I have starting putting paint on the Eduard 1/46th Emil. Gorgeous kit!

Cheers,

Jamie
Yes, I have one, and no, I've not started it yet; I'm nearly finished with an Airfix Emil which needs more paint, along with a couple of RN subjects (an Attacker, a Wyvern, and a Sea Fury... no, I don't know what's wrong with me LOL).

I'm looking forward to getting to grips with the Eduard kit.

Lynn

May 12th, 2012, 9:08 pm #6

the Attacker, the Wyvern, the Sea Fury, and the Gannet...

Amongst our weaponry are...

I wasn't expecting a sort of Spanish Armada!

[Sorry, just watched too much Monty Python in my impressionable youth...]

bob
"Ignorance is bliss, but I find learning more interesting." - Me, as far as I know

May 12th, 2012, 10:45 pm #7

Yes, I have one, and no, I've not started it yet; I'm nearly finished with an Airfix Emil which needs more paint, along with a couple of RN subjects (an Attacker, a Wyvern, and a Sea Fury... no, I don't know what's wrong with me LOL).

I'm looking forward to getting to grips with the Eduard kit.

Lynn

but i'm missing the "1/46th scale" reference. Is the new Eduard 109 kit overscale?

Happy Modelling! Roy
Visit my blog at:
http://barracudacals.blogspot.com

"What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger; Which is why they make straight jackets out of such sturdy material" Roy S.

May 12th, 2012, 11:03 pm #8

Not sure where they did it, but apparently Eduard managed to make the plane a bit long... it's not obvious to me in photos, but Mansur Mustafin confirmed the measurements and I trust his work. Of course, I've also built tons of the Hasegawa Bf 109G "shorties", so obviously exactitude in overall length or wingspan is not something I put a lot of stock in... :D

Lynn

May 13th, 2012, 1:55 am #9

Greetings Lynn!

Cheers,

Jamie
Oops... this is me blushing!

May 13th, 2012, 8:53 pm #10

Not sure where they did it, but apparently Eduard managed to make the plane a bit long... it's not obvious to me in photos, but Mansur Mustafin confirmed the measurements and I trust his work. Of course, I've also built tons of the Hasegawa Bf 109G "shorties", so obviously exactitude in overall length or wingspan is not something I put a lot of stock in... :D

Lynn

Interesting. With all the research they do, its hard to imagine that they could have not gotten it right. Which kit gets it right compared to actual dimensions?

Happy Modelling! Roy
Visit my blog at:
http://barracudacals.blogspot.com

"What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger; Which is why they make straight jackets out of such sturdy material" Roy S.