Felixstowe Top Wing on and Rigged!

Felixstowe Top Wing on and Rigged!

Dan Smith
Dan Smith

July 18th, 2011, 4:11 am #1

All,

It's hard to believe I started out with this:

...and ended up with this:

I can't believe how well it went. Just one piece at a time and man is it strong! Very functional rigging. Now I only need to figure out how the wing tips rigging is attached, put on the pulleys along the top wing, rig the ailerons and other flying surfaces, etc......I guess there is more to do than I thought.

But man, it's coming along now! In the pictures, the guns and props are just on for show so they need to be fitted better but this thing looks really impressive. I can't wait to do the Roden Gotha and put these two together with my Bloody Paralizer!

Thanks for looking. Now back to some Airfix Revenge.

July 18th, 2011, 6:38 am #2

Excellent rigging. Well done!

July 18th, 2011, 11:19 am #3

All,

I can't believe how well it went. Just one piece at a time and man is it strong! Very functional rigging. Now I only need to figure out how the wing tips rigging is attached, put on the pulleys along the top wing, rig the ailerons and other flying surfaces, etc......I guess there is more to do than I thought.

But man, it's coming along now! In the pictures, the guns and props are just on for show so they need to be fitted better but this thing looks really impressive. I can't wait to do the Roden Gotha and put these two together with my Bloody Paralizer!

Massimo LaCivita

July 18th, 2011, 11:28 am #4

All,

Dan, If there were a bet going on I'd be putting my money
on you being busy rigging for the next few weeks or so

I'm impressed with the speed and quality you're pulling this off
outstanding !

Thanks for posting
Ray

Fiat CR-42 Frankenstein Falco (or... how NOT to build your Falco kit)
<font>CR - 42</font>-#1-

July 18th, 2011, 1:24 pm #5

All,

..not just the rigging but everything else with this build. I have almost reached the point of not being scared to start my Felixstowe (did say almost!).

That smoke job on the wings and tailsplanes looks great. So difficult to judge when you see the parts in isolation, but on the airframe they look spot on.

Do continue with that Roden Gotha - I have one of those in the stash as well.

July 18th, 2011, 5:07 pm #6

All,

Love that first photo Dan - still laughing! Superlative work on the rigging and the entire build as a whole. Your productive output is amazing - you're on a roll, man!
Best...Ted...

Current Build:
Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2;

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish

July 19th, 2011, 12:07 am #7

All,

So much for my cracks about getting down to the manly part of the build. Wow! So neat, taut and FAST! I'd have been tangled up to my elbows for a week in those lines. This is a real masterpiece!

Stuart

July 20th, 2011, 8:59 am #8

All,

well as this is going! - All power to your arm!